The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Shootsac and covers

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
My friend sent me her Shootsac and three unopened covers. The Shootsac is gently used; covers are brand new sealed in plastic. I already have a Shootsac for my D300 kit, so I'm selling this one.

Can be seen here: http://www.shootsac.com/

Shootsac: $140
Brazen cover: $40
Gold Strike cover: $60
Thankful cover: $40

Shipped to you in US. Money Order preferred.

Terry

Hey Cindy,

A little bit OT - I am also using a Shootsac and really like it. What are you carrying around with you for the D300? I'm still sorting out my D300 kit. I also use it for my M8 kit.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
You had to ask...:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I have 18-70 with 70-300 VR (great, el-cheapo lenses) for a lightweight kit.
I have 17-35 f/2.8, 28-70 f/2.8, 105 VR, 180 f/2.8, 300 f/4 for serious work (along with 1.4x and 1.7x extenders).
I still have my M8 kit and an MP. I need a mule instead of a Shootsac!

Terry

It sounds like our kits are going to be very similar....
compact and light
18-200 (or keep 16-85 + 70-300 combo), 50 f1.8
fast, heavy, big
24-70, 105 (haven't bought lens yet)

no matter what I do on compact light I will keep 70-300

robmac

Anyone tried a D3 or 1 series Canon in this sucker? It's does appear to be one of the few bags (for SLRs vs. RFs) that I've seen that doesn't scream 'camera bag'

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Rob,
It is not a camera bag per se. It holds up to 6 lenses and flashes, batteries, memory cards, etc. It is made of neoprene and folds up flat. It was invented originally by a wedding photographer, but works equally well while walking around the city or shooting an event. It was not designed to replace a camera bag.

robmac

Thanks Cindy, realize it isn't a proper bag as it were, but neat idea.

Was just curious as to how it would hold up with such a heavy and large body in it.

Thinking of using it walking around with one body and maybe 1-2 shorter lenses. Just something to keep the camera more discrete while offering a extra layer of protection from dust (though neoprene tends to trap it), moisture, etc.

The website wasn't clear on if it was reinforced or even suitable for such a large/heavy body.

Congrats on sale.

jlm

Workshop Member
if anyone is pining for another, i've got a brand new one, black, I'm not using and will sell for the same price as Cindy did

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Was just curious as to how it would hold up with such a heavy and large body in it.

Thinking of using it walking around with one body and maybe 1-2 shorter lenses. Just something to keep the camera more discrete while offering a extra layer of protection from dust (though neoprene tends to trap it), moisture, etc.

The website wasn't clear on if it was reinforced or even suitable for such a large/heavy body.

Congrats on sale.
It will hold 6 lenses including (according to Jessica Claire) the 70-200 f/2.8 zoom. I have put the "beast" 28-70 f/2.8 in mine with no trouble.
BTW, if anyone is looking for covers, I still have some for sale.

Terry

Congrats on sale.
It isn't a bag in the way you think. It looks like a messenger bag but there is stitching that runs vertically that essentially separates the bag into 6 sections (3 on each side). A lens (or 2 back to back for teeny M8 lenses) fits into each of the six sections. Trying to put a big camera in it probably won't work. I don't find it easy to try and shove an M8 in any of the slots. It is really used when you are out shooting and have your camera out. I have lenses in the slots and use one for my wallet and phone.