The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Epson R-D1 for sale

P

PJQ

I purchased the camera new in 2006 from Map Camera store in Tokyo.
Camera and I are located in Melbourne, Australia. Inspection welcome, if you’re in the area.

note: Lens not included.

Serial number: 5138
US$1,300
plus shipping cost.

Very good condition, working perfectly, it has never faulted on me. The rangefinder is precisely aligned. The viewfinder is clear and bright, no scratches, frame lines clear, patch excellent.
Shutter winds on and releases perfectly. Dials work perfectly, selector knob and shutter speed knob are perfect. LCD always had a cover on it.

Minor signs of wear:
1. a couple of marks in the paint, along the edge next to the on-off switch.
2. hair line scratch on the hot shoe spring.
3. paint wear on the tiny feet on the bottom plate.

See close-up photos in this Picasa album
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/PeteJQuick/EpsonRD1#

Included with the camera:
Camera body in original box.
Two Epson batteries (original still holds full charge, new one from current production, bought in March, 2010)
Original manuals, CDs of software (English and Japanese versions).
Original strap, unused.
A magazine called R-D1 World, and a coffee table book called ChotokuX R-D1.

The 130 page glossy magazine is filled with pictures and stories of the R-D1. Photos of internal components, technical info, sample shots and reviews of every available compatible lens (in 2004), and lots more... all in Japanese.

The 125 page hard cover book contains a 94 colour plate street shooting tour, followed by pages of in depth analysis of every aspect of photography with the R-D1... all in Japanese (practice your Kanji??). Each photo is labelled with the lens used to make the shot. A wide variety of lenses were used.

Shipping outside Australia will be Australia Post International Courier service. This offers tracking and insurance for loss, theft, and damage. Since they're heavy, the book and magazine could be shipped separately using a cheaper, slower service. Shipping will be quoted precisely to your address and will not include a "packaging" fee, you decide whether you need insurance, it is optional and will appear on the quote as a separate item.

The camera and bits weigh approx 1.5 Kg.
The book and magazine weigh approx 1.2 Kg.

Customs dockets will be marked "used camera" with the approximate sale value, or the shipping insurance value.

Payment by International Money Transfer (Telegraphic Transfer). This is a direct link between your bank and mine. You buy this service from your bank, it’s much cheaper and more secure than Paypal.

Please PM me if you have questions.
Regards,
Peter Quick

Last edited:

hulk

Re: Epson R-D1 for sale

Here's a great camera!!
I'll keep my r-d1s forever :)
Good luck sending it to a new home.
Cheers

N

nevillemartin11

You have got reall very nice camera. I have referred that It had been supported on the Leica mount and Leica mount with an adapter. So It is very epic features.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

Hello there; can you edit the title of your post to say "Sold"; lovely looking camera, BTW. Cheers, KL

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

Is that a limitation of the system? Thanks, anyway; I am used to the way it works over at Fred's site. Cheers, KL

M

maccaco

Hello. I am interested. Send me a private message or email to contact. Thanks.