The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Wooden Ries C-100 Tripod - UGLY! - $150 OBO

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have a really old, really ugly Ries C-100 (as best I can tell) tripod. This is the lighter-weight model with simpler leg locks at the top plate, but it is an older version and isn't exactly like the newest C-100. It still has a 4" top plate with a 3/8ths bolt for the head, and the top of the legs lock by tightening a simple cross bolt. This one is old enough that it has walnut (I think -- they're darker wood) legs, and one top set has been replaced with the newer maple. All the metal fittings are missing paint -- yes it's ugly. But it works just fine. Legs lock properly, and lower legs have spikes at one end and rubber at the other just like the current versions. And it definitely is an original REIS, not some knock-off.

FTR, for the last 10 years it's been a piece of "art" in my office, acting as support for an old Kodak camera. I recently found an even older wooden tripod to replace it as that piece of art, so this one's available now ;). As most of you know, I shoot with Gitzo CF pods.

Asking $150 OBO.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: FS: Wooden Reis C-100 Tripod - UGLY! - $175 OBO

Here are some iPhone pics:

And,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: FS: Wooden Ries C-100 Tripod - UGLY! - $150 OBO

Nobody wants this old tank?

epatsellis

OH, some of us want it, but it's my really, really slow time right now and it's far more than I have to spare right now.

Tim Ernst

Good grief Jack, that is ugly! But $150 bucks is a steal for them - built like a tank and will last forever. I've still got my trusted Ries that I used for many years with 4x5 and 6x7 (back in the 80s and 90s), but finally put it up on the shelf when I needed a taller set of sticks. It is such a thing of beauty that I can't bear to part with it. After all, these are the same brand of legs that Ansel used all the time so I feel like his spirit lives on in all of them.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Agreed, $150 is a steal period. Heck the leg sections alone are worth that for replacements...