The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Black Leica M8

K

Ken Tanaka

I have an original Leica M8 in excellent working order (relatively low shutter actuations, too). As you can see from the photos, it's in very good cosmetic condition. There are a few minor rub marks in the top plate but no brassing or dents.

I've have a Giottos Schott Glass screen protector on the camera since it was new. The buyer can easily remove it if it's not desired (although I've found it useful).

In full disclosure, however, this camera has had one quirk since I bought it (new); it powers-up in a sleep state. That is, after turning the power on you must tap the shutter button (or take an image) to "wake" it. I never sent camera to have this corrected because, frankly, I came to like this "feature"! Since the power switch is pretty easy to accidentally activate I'm sure that this saved my batteries many times.

But it is technically a bug that you might not find as charming as I have. So I am discounting the price to reasonably account for cost and inconvenience that a buyer might experience getting Leica to correct it.

The camera (without this "feature") is worth approximately $2,200 but I offer it here for $1,950 + shipping (from Chicago).

The full kit includes:
* the M8 camera body with front cover,
* the original documentation and software,
* the original Leica neck strap,
* the original packaging.

Full photos of the camera are at: http://kentanaka.zenfolio.com/p1061433190

K

Ken Tanaka

Addendum

* The actual number of shutter actuations on this camera is 7,402.

* I've included a 2Gb Sandisk Extreme III card in the camera body. You'll be able to take the camera out of the box, mount a lens and begin shooting as soon as it's delivered.