The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: 28 f2.0 Summicron Asph

atanabe

I am adjusting my lens line up - so the 28 is up for sale. I shoot primarily with a 35 and this lens was perfect for my M8 but now that I shoot with an M9 the focal length is just too close. So reluctantly this one is for sale to make room for a 24. This is a factory 6 bit lens.

I am the original AR owner of this lens, which has just come back from Leica NJ for a cleaning of the aperture blades that had some grease on it. No issues on either front or rear element, no blemishes on the barrel of the lens. The only issue is a small tick on the edge of the lens hood about 0.75mm in length shown in the close up. The lens comes with all of the packaging, box, test certificate, instructions, blank warranty card, plastic bag with the werk #, leather case, front 46mm lens cap, rear lens cap, rectangular hood and rectangular lens hood cover.

This lens is going for $3395 to $3995 from dealers on the web. I am asking $2900 including shipping Paypal gift $0, Paypal regular +3%

I have a 100% + feedback on eBay user ID xray1024

Email with questions

Last edited:

atanabe

It is great for the M9 as well, great corner to corner sharpness - just too close to my favorite focal length - 35mm. Looking to go a bit wider, 24mm, need to figure out which one.
Such a great lens. THE lens in my opinion, if your camera is an M8. Good luck with the sale.

atanabe

Had a change of heart after reviewing images shot with this lens and decided not to sell it. It most likely will be one of those "why did I sell it?" lenses. So to spare myself the agony of wondering why and later trying to find a copy as good as this one, I will save myself the agony and withdraw it from sale.

For those of you who own one, you know of what I speak, that this lens is magical. For those of you who are looking to buy one, yes, they are worth it.

JPlomley

Good move! Sold mine along with the M8 in order to raise the funds for the M9, rationalizing that the 35 Cron Asph would suffice. But the rendering and extra FOV of the 28mm on FF makes it the perfect lens for working tight sidewalks or wanting to get into the heart of a scene.