The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Hasselblad 50x C/M kit

mathomas

Hey all,

There are plenty of them on eBay and KEH, but I've been more satisfied with my deals here. So, does anyone have a 500 (501, etc) C/M setup they want to sell?

I'm looking for the basic beginner's setup: Body, 120 back (or two), 80mm lens, WLF. I'd prefer something in good physical condition, and it must be in good operational condition. I'm willing to spend about $750 or so (preferably less, as this is an experiment). Of course, final price will be dependent upon condition, and/or any extras that might pique my interest.

For obvious reasons I'd prefer buying from someone who's sold (or at least bought) here before, but that's not a make or break (everyone has to start somewhere). I have feedback here in the feedback forum.

Thanks...

RonSmith

Mike,

I have a 500 C/M kit that I bought new in 1986 ... and still looks new.

I have the 80/2.8CF, two A12 backs and a PM prism, plus numerous extras.

When I get home from work I'll figure out a proposed price and send you a message.

Ron

mathomas

Mike,

I have a 500 C/M kit that I bought new in 1986 ... and still looks new.

I have the 80/2.8CF, two A12 backs and a PM prism, plus numerous extras.

When I get home from work I'll figure out a proposed price and send you a message.

Ron

Cool, thanks Ron!

mathomas

Ron posted a beautiful setup, but it's out of my price range. Anyone else got anything in my price range?

Double Negative

Not Available
^ It probably won't get too much cheaper unless you opt for perhaps an older "C" lens, stick with one back and the WLF bolted to a 500 C/M... And perhaps a little more "user" condition.

Failing that, Bronica and Mamiya make some nice rigs also - that sell for dirt these days. Worth checking out.

mathomas

^ It probably won't get too much cheaper unless you opt for perhaps an older "C" lens, stick with one back and the WLF bolted to a 500 C/M... And perhaps a little more "user" condition.

Failing that, Bronica and Mamiya make some nice rigs also - that sell for dirt these days. Worth checking out.
Yes, as per my original specs. I know the other brands are absolute bargains right now (for example, I could get a 3-lens Mamiya 645 kit for $450 from my local camera shop), but I haven't been lusting after those since the 70s, as I have with Hassies.

That being said, I might just give up on this whole MF idea anyway. I don't have a scanning solution yet (only a 35mm scanner), don't have room for yet another scanner, etc.

mathomas

Hello, and thank you to all who offered cameras. I decided to stick with the rangefinder form factor, and got a Fuji GW690III (the "Texas Leica").