The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Contax 645, lenses, Phase P30+, more

tom in mpls

Please contact me via email.

I am moving away from the Contax 645 system that I acquired. It's spectacularly wonderful stuff, but I am not using it enough and I am just not that good a photographer. I have GAS (gear acquisition syndrome), and now need to treat it by selling all these great items. All in excellent condition unless otherwise noted. All prices include shipping and insurance; add 3% for paypal.

645 body with caps and neck strap. Minor scuffs. Please note you will have to use the prism finder or flash bracket MSB-1 to use a flash gun. $500

Waist level finder with cap. $425

Contax 45-90mm with hood and pouch. $2000

Contax 140mm no hood, with box and pouch. $1300

Contax mutar 1.4x. $1850

Zeiss Planar Hasselblad 110 f/2.0 with hood, box and pouch. $2300

Kindai Hasselblad adapter works great with the Hassy 110. $250

Contax TLA 200 flash. $100

Metz SCA 3802 module for Metz 54 MZ3 or MZ4. $75

Sunpak auto 120J TTL flash with battery pack and YC-1D adapter. The AA battery compartment has some corrosion, but it still works great. You will probably use the external battery pack anyway. Minor scuffs. $400

Phase One P 30+ digital back with hard padded case, dual charger, 3 batteries, C1 mf software, and all misc items. This baby has the Value Added package, effective to April, 2010. $14,000.

Please contact me via email, much easier than PM's for selling all these items. Please do not use PM.

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Tom,
I'll take that 45-90 zoom for $2k provided it's in mint or near mint condition. Please email me at zaknat at mac dot com with your address and I'll get you out a check.

David

tom in mpls

One more item I forgot to list:

Contax flash bracket MSB-1. $300

And revised prices:

Mutar $1800

140mm $1200

Last edited:

tom in mpls

Latest updates:
Flash bracket is pending.

These items appear to have been seriously overpriced, so let's get them sold.

Mutar $1100

Contax 140mm $900

Contact me with any questions or offers. Email preferred.

tom in mpls

I have an offer that includes a trade for the Phase back. I would prefer a cash only transaction. I will be accepting that offer soon unless I find a cash buyer.

So here is my deal. I will sell the back and include UPS overnight delivery for my reduced price of $12,500. I will accept wire transfer or paypal eCheck. Regular paypal add 3%.

Please contact me with questions.

email preferred
[email protected]

Here's an interesting thought. Instead of spending a lot to ship and insure, buyer could fly here (Minneapolis) in the morning, check out the back, and fly home in the evening. I'd help pay airfare since I wouldn't need to pay shipping. Several obvious advantages to this.

tom in mpls

Everything sold except:

Contax TLA 200 flash. $100

Metz SCA 3802 module for Metz 54 MZ3 or MZ4. $75

Sunpak auto 120J TTL flash with battery pack and YC-1D adapter. The AA battery compartment has some corrosion, but it still works great. You will probably use the external battery pack anyway. Minor scuffs. $400

gogopix

Subscriber
Guy,
YOU should be the happy one, with a P30+ and a contax!:ROTFL:

Oh, well, if you stick with mamiya, at least you can get a an adapter for hasselblad lenses! :)

Am I prejudiced?

YOU BET :angel:

best regards
Victor

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Victor I don't need any Hassy lenses to get great images from the glass. Trust me these are working extremely well

tom in mpls

Tom congrats on the P30 plus, someone will be very happy with it.
Do you guys recall a book called The Peter Principle? That book's theory says that in an organization, an employee rises to their level of incompetence. To summarize, a competent employee be repeatedly promoted to the next higher level, until they get promoted up to the level at which they are no longer competent. I feel that way about my photography. I've been doing very well with my Canons, learning more and getting better. But I promoted myself up to MF where my competence ended. I could tough out a few good pics, but to achieve real competency would require a bigger effort than I can muster. I love what this equipment can do, and I know I will miss it to some extent, but I will also be comforted in the knowledge that I mostly know what I'm doing with my Canon gear.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
There tools and they have to work for you other wise there worthless, bottom line no matter what it is

Terry

Do you guys recall a book called The Peter Principle? That book's theory says that in an organization, an employee rises to their level of incompetence. To summarize, a competent employee be repeatedly promoted to the next higher level, until they get promoted up to the level at which they are no longer competent. I feel that way about my photography. I've been doing very well with my Canons, learning more and getting better. But I promoted myself up to MF where my competence ended. I could tough out a few good pics, but to achieve real competency would require a bigger effort than I can muster. I love what this equipment can do, and I know I will miss it to some extent, but I will also be comforted in the knowledge that I mostly know what I'm doing with my Canon gear.
Well said.