The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Leica 35/2.8 Summaron M2,M4

helenhill

arghhhhh...If I had known Charles
I would have sold YOU an M2
it was a GEM
just recently sold it...I'm sure you would have given HER a HAPPY HOME !

ashwinrao1

Oooh, I once had this lens...in my opinion, one of Leica's best ever....compact, very well built, with a unique rendering, and very sharp. A great daylight shooter. I wish I had never sold mine.

Try looking for one with a late SN, > 2******, as the coatings changed....good luck, Charles!

Maggie O

Count me in on the longing for a 35/2.8 Summaron-M! I've got Helen's old 35/3.5 LTM Summaron (which loves both my M8 and my M2!) and it's a fantastic lens and I'd like its quicker cousin, too.

ShiroKuro

Helen that would of been great ; ) and thanks Ashwin for the advice .... the search begins ....
Maggie O , I never thought about this lens until Ashwin mentioned it ... My M8 will be here tomorrow so that is what I want the lens for ....... Aloha

ashwinrao1

Sounds like a plan. I was provided that info on late SN's by a very good friend who is probably Seattle's most knowledgeable Leica dealer at Glazers. Late SN's are apparently the way to go with that lens, if possible!

Mine was a 215****, I belive, and it performed admirable at the time. Gosh I wish I had it back, and even more, that you get your hands on on, Charles!