The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Non-shifting Nokton 35/1.4 (for M8)

E

efix

Hello folks,

I'm looking for a Voigtländer Nokton Classic (MC preferred) 35mm f/1.4 that does NOT shift (or at least not noticeably much on digital) when stopping down. I know there a good copies around. I had a bad one once which shifted so heavily from f/2 onwards that I parted with it, but now miss the speed with my Biogon 35/2.

Does anyone happen to have a good Nokton that he would part with for an acceptable price? Europe preferred, but USA ok also if the price is right (because of import taxes).

henningw

Just a note that the focus shift is inherent to the lens design. It has fairly strong spherical aberration. Due to slight inconsistencies in assembly the focus shift might be very slightly less in some lenses, but under those conditions resolution will suffer.

If you were unhappy with one copy of the lens, another won't please you. In general terms, the Nokton is a copy of the old Summilux, which also had strong focus shift. If you want a non-Leica fast 35 with very little focus shift, go for the 35/1.2 Nokton.

Henning