The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FT/FS Panda M8.2

rondeb

I've got to pay for the new 'lux, so this should probably go. :(

This is a one-of-a-kind as far as I know. The M8.2 was never made in Panda config, except for a rather well know singer/Leica shooter. This is the one. Camera is absolutely flawless and includes box, etc.

Since this is a collector, I'll ask $6500. If you think that price is wrong, give me your offer.

Best,
Ron

P.S. Better pics if needed to follow. Wanted to get one up quick.

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Just a thought, but do you have provenance for the camera?

I have pretty good knowledge of who supplies that certain "singer/Leica shooter" (or at least says they do) so I was kind of interested to know ... :p

rondeb

Again, I ask that offers are submitted. I don't know how to price this as it's likely one of a kind.
Best,
Ron

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
So if a Panda and anti-Panda come together is there an explosion with brilliant god beams shining out from the resultant f/0.4 hyper Noctilux that forms in the union? (or is a Leica singularity formed?) :ROTFL:

The Panda does look cool though. Can't deny it. It has buy me written all over it although personally I'd need it to come with a piece of paper from Leica to say that it's the ONLY one.

bradhusick

A panda walks into a bar, sits down and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun and kills the waiter.

As the panda stands up to go, the bartender shouts, "Hey! Where are you going? You just killed my waiter and you didn't pay for your sandwich!"

The panda yells back at the bartender, "Hey, I'm a PANDA! Look it up!" The bartender opens his dictionary and sees the following definition for panda:

"A tree dwelling marsupial of Asian orgin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats shoots and leaves.

rondeb

Waiting to get confirmation from Leica, but it appears that "a few" Panda M8.2's were made - so this is not the ONLY one. Maybe... I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, big drop in price - $5500.

Best,
Ron

rondeb

OK. I've got to sell this so....

$5000.

Remember this is a one-of-a-kind custom collectible M8.2 formerly owned by and made for a Grammy award winning Leica shooter.
Best,
Ron

kdemas

Ron,

A quick question for you. How many "activations"? If I missed this above my apologies.

Kent