The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M6 black with MP finder $1295

ampguy

Black Leica M6 with Luigi black 1/2 case (with ISO dial cutout) and standard Leica strap. Original red/white Leica box. Black Leica round logo. Finder was upgraded from flarey M6 finder to flareless MP finder. 50 framelines bring up 50 only, no 75 corners. CLA'd a year or two ago. Early '86 or so version, before the cost cutting cheapened all the parts in these cameras.

Leica body cap.

Works perfect and is in exc. condition, but when rewinding, I have to hold the rewind lever in.

$1295, US only, Verified Paypal.

$1395 if I have to take photos of it.

Bay Area sale preferred, All Sales Final.

ShiroKuro

Ampguy ,
I love your add .... the extra charge is for the photos is great idea .... I have bought a few expensive items from people here without the need of photos ... Photos are a pain in the *** and are not needed in this case ... just about everyone knows what an excellent condition M6 looks like ..looks like a beat up one but in better shape .
Thanks for the laugh ... now that reminds me I have to take a photo of the 35 cron I'm trying to get rid of .... I just do not have a camera to take such a photo .... ; )

Aloha ,
Charles

Last edited:

helenhill

Boy Ted your;e sure Catching Hell....
If I hadn't got an M5 coming I might have grabbed your cool piece....
Best- H

ampguy

Thanks all, the pending sale is not a sure thing, but it's from someone the next city over, so of course they'll be able to check it out in person before.

Photos do take a lot of time, so if I've dealt with the person before or maybe they've even owned the piece before, I'd much rather pass on the time/savings on to them.

But I'd agree, pictures are nice when dealing with people for the first time, and wondering if their explanations are accurate, though pictures can't always show what words can say.

Anyways, thanks to all, and I hope everyone is having a great weekend, and taking great photos!

Query: Did DAG to take out the 75 framelines for you? I asked Leica to do it when they were upgrading my M8 viewfinder, & they said No Way.

Kirk

ampguy

The previous owner had it done, either by DAG or Sherry K. This is different from an M8, this is replacing the VF, and a condensor element in the RF to bring it to Leica MP specs (a film camera).

I've never heard of any frameline mods or flare reduction options on the digital M's (other than the spacing to go from .7m in M8 to .2m in M8.2)

Query: Did DAG to take out the 75 framelines for you? I asked Leica to do it when they were upgrading my M8 viewfinder, & they said No Way.

Kirk

Carterofmars

$1395 if I have to take photos of it.

I've been buying and selling online for over 15yr's and I've never seen that.

Good luck with the sale and all but not sure that was a great idea.

ampguy

lowered to $1195. "r" button seems fine. It just needs the lever advanced if it doesn't stick until roll is rewound.