The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Hasselblad 503CW set

yatlee

Looking for a mint set with 80mm lens...probably not used by professional if possible. Let me know if you got one to sell.

fotografz

Looking for a mint set with 80mm lens...probably not used by professional if possible. Let me know if you got one to sell.
I MAY have a 503CW set to sell in a few days from now. While I am a part time professional, this camera has not seen hard duty, or much duty at all because it is only one of many medium format cameras I use.

It was bought new by me so I know it's history. It is mint, as is the lens.

yatlee

I MAY have a 503CW set to sell in a few days from now. While I am a part time professional, this camera has not seen hard duty, or much duty at all because it is only one of many medium format cameras I use.

It was bought new by me so I know it's history. It is mint, as is the lens.

Hi fotografz, Sounds good, I am interested. Please let me know when you are ready to sell. I'm also looking for a 150mm Sonnar CF. Let me know if you have one to sell as well. Thanks,

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
you may want to consider the 180mm depending the work you do. It is sharp and good for portrait and landscape.

for portrait the 150 may be a bit smoother

David K

Workshop Member
For those who don't know Yat, he's the buyer of my Noctilux. Nice guy and no problems with the sale whatsoever despite the fact that he's on the other side of the world from me.

fotografz

Okay, I've decided to keep my 503CW kit(s) and ordered a new CFV-II back for it today.

Sorry if I wasted your time.

woodyspedden

Okay, I've decided to keep my 503CW kit(s) and ordered a new CFV-II back for it today.

Sorry if I wasted your time.
Love you Marc

My kind of guy.

Go CFV!

By the way I got my Novoflex adapters today (Haring and Nika!) and shot a couple of test shots with the Hassy 110 2.0 and the D3. Awesome. Now to take a few with the just arrived 203 FE as well before it goes back to Hassy for the digital mods to accept the CFV back.

This is getting to be fun.

Woody

fotografz

Love you Marc

My kind of guy.

Go CFV!

By the way I got my Novoflex adapters today (Haring and Nika!) and shot a couple of test shots with the Hassy 110 2.0 and the D3. Awesome. Now to take a few with the just arrived 203 FE as well before it goes back to Hassy for the digital mods to accept the CFV back.

This is getting to be fun.

Woody
Go CFV indeed Woody. I just got sick of pondering all the darned possibilities, and the horrifying costs associated with each choice. So, go with what I KNOW works for sure ... the CFV !!!! :thumbs:

I can take my H3D-II/39 with a CF adapter along with a 503CW and use all the 500 series lenses on both cameras. I will either send my 203FE out for the conversion, or buy a second one and have it converted.

I also secured a H2F body. I already have two H film backs, an 80/2.8 and a spare prism finder ... so for $3,200. I have an $8,700. camera. I want to shoot some film with the H, which I've never done ... then scan it on the 949. I can fit a 22 meg CF back to it later if I wish. ;)

jlm

Workshop Member
Yatlee:

i have a mint 80mm/2.8 FE lens for sale should you want to go that direction (these FE lenses have no shutter and are to be used with the 200 series bodies, like the 203 or 205.) I used it with the 205TCC where it is fully electronically coupled to the body which is great for TTL metering. From what i can tell, the main other functional difference to consider is between the
in-lens leaf shutter (lower speeds, 1/500 sync) vs the in-body focal plane shutter (higher speeds, 1/90 sync)

fotografz

Yatlee,

here is the camera I mentioned in the Private e-mail I sent you ... see that e-mail for details, (Lens not included.)

(BTW, F and FE lenses will not work on the 503CW.)

I suggest getting a 100/3.5 CF instead of the usual 80/2.8 CF. The 100/3.5 is one of the very best lenses Zeiss makes for this camera.

Last edited:

fotografz

BTW, here are a few details. Note the ISO 3200 setting for TTL flash indicating a the latest version of the 503CW.

Last edited:

robmac

Marc's product shots should be banned! LOL

Cheers
Pete
+1 They're like an injection of GAS (Gear Acq Syndrome).

BTW - take a close look at the reflection in the strap-retaining 'button' on the LHS of the body. Don't know what system he took pics with, but nice detail.

woodyspedden

Yatlee

You may want to contact Sean Craynor at Camera West in Monterey CA. (Google Camera West for all contact info). He is a very large dealer in used Hassy equipment and is a very reputable guy. Many of the workshop folks on this forum met him at the Carmel workshop and Guy bought his Mamiya rig from Sean. I bought my 503 CWD and five lenses from Sean and am very happy. His ratings for equipment are spot on so you know what you are getting and you have a dealer behind you if something goes wrong.

Good luck finding what you need

Woody

woodyspedden

And now am waiting to do a three day workshop with both Marc and Irakleyl sometime in July or August. These guys are so good at lighting etc that I am certain that by September I will be so much more skilled. Irakley will beat me into the ground which is what needs to happen. Come on Irakley, give it to me you devil........seriously I need the discipline that comes with the way he teaches. Thank you for this.........I appreciate that I will come back to Colorado much more prescient than ever.

See you soon.........

Best

Woody

fotografz

And now am waiting to do a three day workshop with both Marc and Irakleyl sometime in July or August. These guys are so good at lighting etc that I am certain that by September I will be so much more skilled. Irakley will beat me into the ground which is what needs to happen. Come on Irakley, give it to me you devil........seriously I need the discipline that comes with the way he teaches. Thank you for this.........I appreciate that I will come back to Colorado much more prescient than ever.

See you soon.........

Best

Woody
Set the date Woody. I even told Irakly that he could NOT use his cat-o-nine tails on you for this one ... :eek: