The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Black Leica M9 - Like New

John Black

Mint Condition Leica M9 - Black
Includes all the original accessories, documentation and packaging
$6500 Net-to-Me, US Sale Only

The Leica M9 is in new condition. I spent 10 minutes looking for rub marks and bright spots and could not find any. The LCD screen is scratch-fee. The camera has always been used in a A&A 1/2 case for protection and always carried in various A&A bags. The camera has never been dropped, bumped or mishandled. Focus has been accurate and it has not needed servicing by Leica (or DAG, etc). I checked a RAW file several weeks ago and the shutter count was ~1800 clicks.

The camera includes everything that came with it. I am the original owner and the M9 was purchased from Portland Camera Supply in February. The manual is unused, the neck and USB cables never opened. The battery holds its charge just and the battery stays fully charged for weeks between uses (with camera left in the M9). To the best of my knowledge the camera works perfectly and there are no sensor issues such as dead columns, rows, etc. It has very dependable and has never locked up. Firmware is up to date.

I have never touched or even gazed upon the sensor. It has not been wet cleaned, it has not been dry cleaned, not even an air blower. Dust hasn't been a problem. The camera has not been used in the rain, nor at the ocean, nor in a dust storm. It's led a very sheltered life... Any little white specks in the pictures are lint from lens cloth used to clean camera. The bright edges on the strobes reflecting off the paint.

If you have a black Leica M8.2 in the same condition, I might consider doing a M8.2 + Cash trade. I am not interested in a classic M8 or an upgraded M8.

Last edited: