The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB Smartphone

Rawfa

Ok, so bellow is a list of smartphones I'm interested on. I have found them all on ebay for around 350us$, so that is how much I would be whiling to pay. They HAVE to be unlocked.

HTC EVO 4G
HTC Incredible
Samsung Captive
Samsung Vibrant

Needless to say they have to be in good condition and have all their accessories with them.

exe163

I don't think you can find a top of the line Android phone for that cheap, since they cost cost over 500 each. Espeically not when they are at high demand and low supply. I suggest you to get it with a contract as smart phones are best used with 3g service anyways.

Rawfa

Like I said I have found lots of them on ebay but people just don't ship to Brazil. None of these cell phones are available here right now and there would be no point in buying them with a contract that only works in the US.

Terry

If you are buying one for the camera, check reviews first. I haven't heard goo things about some of the droid cameras especially in low light.

Rawfa

Thanks for the tip, Terry. The Nokia N8 is supposed to be amazing in this regard (the sensor is as big as the LX3's). But when it comes to phones even though I like that it can take nice photos, my main wish is for quality video for when I travel or have to wait somewhere.

Rawfa

450us$ for either the Samsung Epic 4G or the HTC EVO 4G. They need to have been unlocked.

gromitspapa

Why not have someone you know or trust buy it for you and send it to you? I'd be happy to do it for you (you front the money), but I'm sure you know others much better.

Rawfa

That would be perfect but ebay only ships to confirmed addresses. They don't let me buy from Brazil and ship it to a different address than the one stated on my ebay/paypal account.

gromitspapa

No- for example, have someone you trust who lives in the US buy it and have it shipped to them. After they receive it, ship it to you in Brazil.

Rawfa

I don't know anyone in the US with an ebay/paypal account. If these phones were being sold unlocked on amazon I could buy them and send them to the person I know....but amazon doesn't sell them unlocked.

Rawfa

Actually I've just read that the only one of these phones that is quadband is the HTC Evo 4G, so it's the only one that will work in Brazil...hence it is the only one that interests me.

T

tonie

EVO is strictly for sprint only and I think the only quadband is the Tmobile Vibrant.

Rawfa

There are some unlocked versions of HTC's EVO 4G out there...unfortunately I haven't found any that ships to Brazil yet.

gromitspapa

I have an EVO 4G and I really like it. From the couple of times I shot pictures with it, it was hugely disappointing (indoors low light and outside bright light with shadows). My iPhone 3G totally kicked its ***. Pictures I've seen from the iPhone 4 look pretty pretty good. But I haven't researched this issue at all.

Rawfa

If either the EVO 4g or the Epic 4g work with GSM 850MHZ it will work here in Brazil but I couldn't find any info regarding this. Does anyone know?

Rawfa

Sorry for the confusion, I've found out that the only ones that will work in Brazil are Samsung Vibrant and Captivate. I'll pay 350us$ plus shipping for either of these. Again, they NEED TO HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED.