The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 50/2 Summicron tabbed w/hood

A

andersju

I believe this is the second-to-last version, which I prefer to the current one; they are optically identical, but this one has tabbed focusing, a larger, detachable lens hood, weighs less and is more compact.

Some paint loss here and there, looks good overall. The aperture ring is a little too loose for my taste but it doesn't really bother me. I also noticed that that the "dot" and the aperture mark (2, 2.8, ..) are not perfectly aligned. Focus is nice and smooth. The glass is excellent.

Bought it this summer from a trustworthy seller on FredMiranda.com, who said he had just had it overhauled by Leica NJ. Comes with a Leitz UV filter, rear cap and the detachable hood (which has some paint loss and scratches).

€706 EUR / $930 USD including worldwide insured & registered shipping and PayPal fees, if any. Local pickup in Stockholm, Sweden also possible. European buyers can also pay using bank transfer.

I'm fairly new here but I've bought/sold countless times at Rangefinderforum (andersju) during the last five years with a perfect track record, and I've been on eBay (andm1n) for nearly a decade.