The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTT: my Summicron 40 for your Rokkor 40

calculi

I have a Leica Summicron-C 40 with serial number 2706065. The lens comes with rubber hood, front cap and rear cap, all original from Leica. I newly bought this lens in the local market, but I'm having a difficulty fully using it on Leica M8, which needs UV/IR filter. Rather trying different solutions, I would like to trade it for Rokkor 40, for which I have filter and hood (which were originally bought for Jupiter-3). Please contact as soon as possible, if you are interested, since I would like to have working lens at the end of this month (Aug 2010).

Thanking you in advance!

calculi

I'm still looking for Rokkor 40, if someone has it for sell not for trade, I'll consider it. And I'll upload the photos of Summicron 40 online soon.

piblondin

You can use a 39mm B+W UV/IR filter with the M8 and the 40mm Summicron. That's what I do, and it works great. I've never had any problems with the filter falling out. I also like that 39mm fits the 50mm Summicron too.

calculi

I'm trying to get 39mm B+W filters. But I think it will still have problems with other 39mm filters I've got. With 40.5mm I shall be more on safer side. But thanx for the tip anyway!