The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gauging interest for 2 wide angle lenses

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I have two wide angle lenses that essentially sit unused and I'm curious if there's anyone with an interest to buy either one of them. Both are in like-new condition. I'm interested in another lens and I just never seem to find a use for their FOV. As far as I know, they are perfect. Boxes, papers, caps, etc for both.

First is an AFS Nikkor 12-24 1:4 G ED DX lens. I bought it new and have only used it a handful of times. it functions perfectly and as advertised.

Second is a Voigtlander 21mm Color Skopar M-mount. I bought this lens from Maggie-O here on the forum. I believe it was the lens used in the Reid Reviews test for that lens and he gave it very high marks. It is uncoded and without the IR-cut filter.

If you're interested, PM me and I can provide photos and price (which I'll need to research a bit).

Thanks!
Tim

tom in mpls

** Price: If you are trying to sell an item, you should know what you want for it, so please no listings without stating an asking price.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm lazy. I was simply attempting to see if there was any interest in either of these lenses.

Yes: Price [can be] the determining factor on which [of several] lenses [I'm interested in or curious about at any given time, and nearly always plays a role in my deciding which] to buy.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
OK, I have some interest on the 21 skopar, which leaves (for now) the 12-24 Nikkor.

AFS Nikkor 12-24 1:4 G ED DX lens. I bought it new and have only used it a handful of times. it functions perfectly and as advertised. $750.

Tim

dogstarnyc

your not lazy... just a bit slow today.. if you just written..'AFS Nikkor 12-24 1:4 G ED DX lens. I bought it new and have only used it a handful of times. it functions perfectly and as advertised. $750.' you'd have written three fewer emails..!

Who wants to buy from a lazy seller anyway, we want motivated sellers who will 'do the deal' and get it shipped pronto.

Tim, I'm not being hard on you it's just that there are enough of us 'dumb and dumber' types at the end of the food chain on here.... no room for anyone else... keep smart and keep sharp.

steve

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Actually, my hope was that I would only have to respond to those people who might have been looking for those specific lenses. I didn't anticipate that there would be so many people who felt it was their business to critique MY business to such an extent that they took the time to post something about my methods. Had any of those who posted remarks about my approach actually been interested in the lenses, it might be a different story. But since it would appear that they're not, I can only assume that they've nothing better to do and feel obligated to tell me what I should be doing. Which, in my mind, places them firmly in the category of gasbags.

stephengilbert

I can see how some might object to Tim's "violating the rules," but is it necessary to argue about it on the thread? If you have an objection to a post, you can click the little button to notify the mods, or perhaps send a polite PM to the poster.

It's not like Tim's some troll.

SG

tom in mpls

No, not a troll. And since he isn't a troll, I would prefer not to rat him out to the mods. A light nudge should be adeqate. I am surprised that he defends his disregard for the rules, but more importantly I am disappointed that he chooses to dis those of us who have interest. As to "arguing about it on the thread", may I point out that Tim has opted to respond to polite posts? Tim could easily have posted "oops, need to post prices. Here they are."

I use these threads to learn as well as buy. I see what items are available, perhaps ones I didn't previously know about like these lenses. The current value for the lenses are certainly important pieces of data.

This is clearly a FS ad. The wording that Tim is "curious if there's anyone with an interest to buy" is merely a longer way to say "these are for sale". Hey, cool. So what are the prices?

I join in wishing Tim well on his sales. I appreciate his contributions to the forums. My interest is to continue learning from Tim and other members.

A bit more "off topic", I don't think this forum has a "report to mod" link.

Last edited:

stephengilbert

"I don't think this forum has a 'report to mod' link."

The little triangle with the exclamation point in it (below your avatar) is a "report this post" link.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
The subject line of my first post was "Gauging Interest for 2 wide angle lenses". Not "For Sale".

Maybe it isn't the most direct method to a sale. And honestly, I haven't read the rules of the forum re: selling/buying. I have always assumed this to be an honorable gathering of citizens with a mutual interest.

But this has quickly devolved into a tedious exercise (despite the fact that I sold one of the lenses) that might have been a lot less so had it simply been allowed to flounder on it's own. Even after publishing a price for the remaining lens, I still had to listen to more lectures.

As for "gasbags" that was me being polite.

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This thread and the implied offer for sale of the Nikkor 12-24 is now officially closed. Thank you for your interest.