The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anybody want a Vivitar 283 kit...?

dogstarnyc

I just don't use it at all. I did once upon a time but not now.

If you are just starting to think about using outside flash and mixing flash with ambient, this in a very cheap way in.

The Vivitar 283 is very versatile as it can be set to 'auto mode or set up manually.

With this bundle you get the ability to put the 283 on to your tripod head or lightstand, and tether it to your camera to fire the flash, or if you by a Wein peanut slave and cord ($20?) you can trigger it with your on camera flash via the peanut slave.

Included are the following:
1x Vivitar 283 flashgun
2x battery inserts for quick changing
1x VP-1 variable output controller (full down to 1/16th)
2x sensor adapters 1m long each
1 handy little bracket that screws a hot shoe on to your tripod head or lightstand.
1x lumiquest bounce bracket to soften off light

It's a starter kit really or a handy back up. Nothing more

$70 shipped and paypal'd to the lower 48. I'm happy to ship to Europe but we'll need to chat about the shipping cost.

Thanks,

Steve