The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

(UK) FS Minolta Fast Prime Lenses

P

Porthos

Hi,
I had been about to put these 3 lenses on eBay but wanted to try a dedicated camera forum first. I am in the UK (Manchester area), and have really not used these lenses for years. They are all in mint condition, i understand that some peoples idea of mint can differ to others, but each one of them has not one mark or scratch, they could pass for new. I have seen examples on eBay of the 200mm with fungus and scratches on the hood go for around the £500 mark, so know this price is fair.

Minolta 200mm 2.8 Apo HS - £600
Minolta 50mm 1.4 -£160
Minolta 24mm 2.8 -£150

They all have the usual Hoya UV filters fitted and of course have the matching front and rear caps.

I would prefer any buyer to pick the lenses up but i understand this may not be Possible. This would then allow the buyer to inspect them prior to purchase. All the prices noted above will need postage added which will be £10 each for the 50mm and 24mm (UK ONLY), and £15 for the 200mm (UK ONLY). These prices will be for insured signed for special delivery. I will only post to uk addresses as international is just too much of a risk.

Any questions or if an interested party wishes to be sent pictures then please just drop me a line with your email address and i will post them too you.

Ta.

P

Porthos

Hi There
Tempted by the 200 . . is it the white one?

Hi,
Yep, sort of a creamy colour, with the gold band around the hood, it's the High Speed version and as said is probably the best you will find, if i did happen to have a time machine (if only) then this would sit in a Jessops window back in the mid 90's without any problem at all. I was a keen amateur in the good old days of film, and still have 3 Minolta 700si's (worth about as much as a big mac now :eek:), the 200mm was purchased from Jessops and has only been out and about a handful of times, i always took very good care of all my lenses, and although i have seen a few on fleabay mentioning scratches to the hood, and the odd mark on the white case, mine has none of these, not one mark will you find. If you do want pics then pm me your email and i will oblige.

jonoslack

Hi,
Yep, sort of a creamy colour, with the gold band around the hood, it's the High Speed version and as said is probably the best you will find, if i did happen to have a time machine (if only) then this would sit in a Jessops window back in the mid 90's without any problem at all. I was a keen amateur in the good old days of film, and still have 3 Minolta 700si's (worth about as much as a big mac now :eek:), the 200mm was purchased from Jessops and has only been out and about a handful of times, i always took very good care of all my lenses, and although i have seen a few on fleabay mentioning scratches to the hood, and the odd mark on the white case, mine has none of these, not one mark will you find. If you do want pics then pm me your email and i will oblige.
I used to have a Minolta 9xi, such a great camera, but that was a long long time ago!

I do fancy this . . but I'm not dead keen on white lenses, and I was thinking of it for wedding work, where it wouldn't be that appropriate.

So - good luck with the sale, but I'll pass this time.

I would have thought that some good photos and ebay might be your friend?

all the best

P

Porthos

Thanks for that, i do understand the white one does stand out a bit, blend in it does not !!! I have put it on another forum if no luck then its into the fray with eBay !!!

jonoslack

Thanks for that, i do understand the white one does stand out a bit, blend in it does not !!! I have put it on another forum if no luck then its into the fray with eBay !!!
I always put stuff up here before ebay . . . . it clearly works really well for our friends over the pond, but not so well in the UK - I usually end up putting it on ebay . . . and I usually get more than I had for here.

P

Porthos

I agree, the one i was watching on eBay went for just under £500, and that was with the aformentioned scratches and it was not even the HS version !!!!

I will give it a week on the forums then onto eBay.