The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 24mm lens /Finder/Filter Kits for the M9, M8/M8.2 and M Film Cameras!

D&A

Hi All,

I have put together separate 3 piece kits for the M9, M8/M8.2 and film M cameras that include the Leica 24mm f2.8 Elmarit-M asph and viewfinder and filter...allowing those to mix and match according to their needs. Specific condition and useful comments and pictures of each item, including my references are explained in detail after the listed kits. Please also note, pictures of filters not posted.

*** PLEASE NOTE: Lower prices on each item and all prices include paypal fees and shipping in CONUS. For other destinations, please inquire.

M9/M film kits

1. Leica 24mm f2.8 Elmarit-M lens (Silver) Boxed, hood, all caps, paperwork. Lens by itself is $2095.00 (free Helipan UV filter...see below)

2. Leica dual frameline 18/24mm finder (current model), brand new in box. Finder by itself is $619.00 (It sells new at B&H and elsewhere for $749.00). Incredibly useful for those that own or anticpate using a 18mm lens too. (18mm and 24mm make a great pairing).

3. Heliopan 55mm UV filter , LN & Boxed. Free with purchase of above lens.

4. Leica 24mm lens (above) plus brand new Leica dual frameline 18/24 finder plus Heliopan 55m UV filter (LN & boxed) all for $2690.00

All of the above has no Paypal fees and free shipping in CONUS. I've taken a further reduction in price when all these items are combined.

M8/M8.2 Kits

1. Leica 24mm f2.8 Elmarit-M lens (Silver) Boxed, hood, all caps, paperwork. Lens by itself is $2095.00

2. Leica dual frameline 18/24mm finder (current model), brand new in box. Finder by itself is $619.00 (It sells new at B&H and elsewhere for $749.00). Incredibly useful for those that own or anticipate using a 18mm lens too. (18mm and 24mm make a great pairing).

3. Leica 55mm UV/IR filter , LN & Boxed $49.00 with purchase of lens (not available seperately)

4. Leica 24mm lens (above) plus brand new Leica dual frameline 18/24 finder plus Leica LN 55m UV/IR filter (boxed), all for $2730

All of the above has no Paypal fees and free shipping in CONUS. I've taken a further reduction in price when all these items are combined.

Description of Items for sale:

Leica 24mm f2.8 Elmarit-M Asph

This is a beautiful Leica 24mm f2.8 Elmarit-M in Silver (hand coded) lens which is boxed with case/paperwork/ hood/hood cap and front and rear lens caps. When all factors are taken into account....size, speed, performance, and price, with it's silky smooth controls due to the Silver's brass construction, this lens is up there as one of the best 24mm lenses for the Leica M. Shoot it wide open or stopped down (for increased depth of field), this lens never ceases to amaze me with it's edge to edge resolution and clarity. Silver lenses of course look great on Silver and Gray bodies and although a personal taste, I think look cool on Black bodies too...but it's the brass construction that imparts a silkiness to the lens controls that add that something extra...albeit with a bit of additional heft (weight).

Considering it's silver finish, lens has seen very light use and shows little cosmetic wear or marks..simply lovely. All glass inside and out is pristine, no oil on blades and all controls smooth. All caps show a bit of cosmetic marks, simply from handling or putting in pocket. Hood had a few areas of scuffs/scrape, but nothing really noticed unless one examines closely. Only in those tiny spots where the hood clips onto the lens do any cosmetic marks show on the barrel.

Of course it's already highly regarded in its performance on the M9 and makes a perfect classic 35mm (actually 33mm to be precise) on the M8/M8.2 .

Leica 18mm Finder with framelines for both 18mm & 24mm

New Current Model Leica 18mm viewfinder (Black), that also has framelines for 24mm! Great when using both a 18mm and 24mm lens on the M9 or when using the 18mm on both a M9 and M8..where one needs a viewfinder that shows either 18mm or 24mm!

On an M8, it's serves as a 24mm finder when you mount an 18mm lens and all set for the future when using a full frame camera or film camera where you use both a 18mm and 24mm lens.

It can even be used with a 21mm lens too if need be, by viewing between the two sets of framelines.

*** With the WATE, I tested out this viewfinder. Depending on subject distance (of course), the 18mm framelines was just short of 16mm and between both framelines was 21mm. Not as accurate as the Frakenfinder but oh how small and compact...and for some, may be worth the tradeoff of using this finder with the WATE rather than the Frankenfinder...for shear ease and diminutive size.

The viewfinder is exceptionally bright, with it's robust all metal construction, including the foot. Far superior to the previous models of Leica viewfinders.

The finder was removed from it's original box for examination and then put back while I decided for a time what my wide angle lens line-up would be like and as to whether I needed this finder or not.

As reference, I've done many transactions (brought and sold) here on Getdpi as well as all the other usual forums and each one was a pleasure. I've also been on ebay for 10 years with 1300 pure positives!

*** Please note: Since I am usually on my cell phone, responding to PM's is very difficult from it. SO PLEASE e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions or purchases, although once back at a regular computer, its then possible to answer PM's.

Thanks for Looking!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi All,

I forgot to mention in my description that for those outside the CONUS, I will offer reduced shipping/insurance fees to compensate for the free shipping within the CONUS.

In addition no paypal fees will be charged for the sale of these items. Thanks again.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi All,

The Leica 24mm f2.8 Elamrit-M Asph lens with heliopan filter has been sold. The new and boxed Leica 18mm/24mm dual frameline finder is now available at a new lower price of $595.00 with free shipping/insurance in CONUS with no Paypal fees! Shipping outside the U.S. will be discounted appropriately.

See deatils about the sale of this Leica 18mm/24mm finder in a new FS listing I just posted, in order to avoid going through the myraid of lens/finder/filter kists I listed above. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

law007

Hello, The new and boxed Leica 18mm/24mm dual frameline finder still there? I am interested in it, looking forward to your reply, or email me, my mail: eric.ma7788 @ gmail.com,

D&A

Hi All,

Opps, I always post a message here as soon as an item has sold, like I did for the lens and filters in this FS ad. I had fogotten to do so for the finder, which sold some time after the lens and filters have sold...so the 18/24m finder is sold too. I appreciate your inquiring about it. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: