The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ultimate Nikon D3 Kit

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I have a few Nikon items for sale that might be of interest to Nikon and D3 fans. I love the camera and the lenses in the kit I've put together, but, have felt the tug of MF calling. So, that means I'll be selling my D3 kit.

1) Nikon D3 --- Mint in the box D3. Less than 5000 actuations. Doesn't include NX software and was a grey market camera. Includes extra battery. Perfect working condition.

Price: $4300 + shipping and +3% for paypal

2) Nikon 200VR ----- Latest and greatest. LNIB and less than 3 months old. USA version with blank warranty card.

Price: $3700 + shipping and +3% for paypal

3) Nikon 28/1.4 ---- Includes box and hard to find hood. Excellent condition.

Price: $3200 + shipping and +3% for paypal

4) Nikon Noct 58mm/1.2 ---- 9 blade version in excellent condition.

Price: $3100 + shipping and +3% for paypal

5) Nikon 14-24mm ---- LNIB; USA version with blank warranty card.

Price: $1400 + shipping and +3% for paypal

6) Zeiss ZF100 macro ---- LNIB; USA version with blank warranty card.

I'll post a few pictures in the next several days but wanted to list the gear here first.

Kurt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Man that bug bit really hard. Kurt your following me down that slope my friend, we will go down together. LOL

Good luck on your sale. I was looking for the 24-70 myself and I am just going to keep the D300 now.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I'm pretty excited about this potential move, though. More excited than I've been in awhile. I'm going to keep my 24-70 and 85/1.4 and grab a d300. It'll actually be a very nice little kit for event work.

Guy Mancuso

Exactly mine will be D300 24-70, Zeiss 85 since no one bought it and the 180mm. This will do the grip and grin stuff for me. But the D3 is really really nice. Folks were shooting this in the dark and came home with great images from San Juan. I just can't afford two or three full systems. But i can work pared down which is what I have done

gogopix

Subscriber
The pain disappears quickly, whenever you see those MF files.

Now Kurt, have I told you about this terrific system- Phase back (P25 or P30) with Contax 645?

Check it out!

Nikon is to Leica
as
Mamiya is to Contax!

:D

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hi Victor,

I'm not committing to a mount today ... but will be soon.

That Contax glass is definitely sexy, but, at what price? Let me guess, you are busy promoting Contax glass because I'm betting you are probably sitting on a large stash of it waiting for the price to rise. :D

Kurt

D

DougDolde

Victor,

Now I myself am a Contax 645 user but really don't understand why you are so often bashing Mamiya. Frankly I could do just as well with the new Mamiya AFD III. After all they ARE still making it.

gogopix

Subscriber
Hi Victor,

I'm not committing to a mount today ... but will be soon.

That Contax glass is definitely sexy, but, at what price? Let me guess, you are busy promoting Contax glass because I'm betting you are probably sitting on a large stash of it waiting for the price to rise. :D

Kurt
Why would you think that? I hardly need the money. Actually, I have never sold ANY photographic equipment (except see below). I keep it ALL! :ROTFL:

Unfortunately, the arguments for and against the systems here seem froth with the assumption of ulterior motives. quite understandable since people are either in the business, or want to justify their purchases.

Actually, I have had mine for over 4 years, and plan to keep it.

But, buy what you want. Many people rushed to the new Canon, then Leica, then the Nikon, then the MF, then a second MF system, buy sell,
sell buy...

I have three systems: C645, M8, DMR and I use them all.

And, as I said, I haven't sold one piece (ok, I did sell one to Kit in Austr, and bought it back a year later! A HB 50mm CF. I bought Grahams 50 2.8 F a year earlier and it was really just a swap at equal cost)

Now I have both!:)

I find it interesting all these changes, and the rumors etc. But I've seen it before and will see it again.

Just make sure what you buy you REALLY like. The Contax I tell people about is an alternative, nothing more. Feel free to ignore it...

AT YOUR PERIL!!!:ROTFL:

best regards Kurt, and actually, whatever MF you buy I think you will be thrilled with

Victor

gogopix

Subscriber
Victor,

Now I myself am a Contax 645 user but really don't understand why you are so often bashing Mamiya. Frankly I could do just as well with the new Mamiya AFD III. After all they ARE still making it.
can we stop using the word bashing. I think the images are a little less dimansional than Contax and Zeiss. EXACTLY what Robert said about the Nikon glass relative to Leica

and Jack agreed, called it micro contrast or something.

LOOK at the images. If you don't see it fine. I do, and like it. Maybe not everybodies cup of tea. Maybe Mamiya has another quality that Contax/Leica doesn't. But frankly, in Guy's example of the Mamiya and the Leica it was pretty clear there was a difference.

Pointing out qualitative differences isn't bashing.

(Now, showling pictures of contax loaded with grips and battery packs, then claiming another MF is smaller, maybe that IS!! :ROTFL:

Regards
Victor

fotografz

can we stop using the word bashing. I think the images are a little less dimansional than Contax and Zeiss. EXACTLY what Robert said about the Nikon glass relative to Leica

and Jack agreed, called it micro contrast or something.

LOOK at the images. If you don't see it fine. I do, and like it. Maybe not everybodies cup of tea. Maybe Mamiya has another quality that Contax/Leica doesn't. But frankly, in Guy's example of the Mamiya and the Leica it was pretty clear there was a difference.

Pointing out qualitative differences isn't bashing.

(Now, showling pictures of contax loaded with grips and battery packs, then claiming another MF is smaller, maybe that IS!! :ROTFL:

Regards
Victor
Sounds like bashing to me.

Victor, even in a FS post, is it necessary to promote your subjectively boring mantra as if it were a fact, while discounting any opinion that differs as being the subjective ramblings of semi-blind photographers? Just curious.

As far as I can see, folks like Jim Collum are doing just fine with their sub-standard Mamiya and Leaf gear ... in direct defiance of all your "words" claiming superiority accompanied by zero visual substantiation. Pictures talk and bullshyt walks my friend.

RE: my sub-standard Hassey ... if I want "real" Zeiss optics I'll use them, and can do it without stop down metering and shooting :toocool:

Here's the facts according to my boring mantra: I owned a Contax 645 for years and years and every lens made for it except the 210/4 and Zoom. It's fine for an old timer, outdated, slow focusing, Dodo of a camera that requires a lumbering Hunchback of Notre Dame battery pack just to keep up with a Mamiya. But that's NOT bashing, because you said so :ROTFL:

fotografz

I have a few Nikon items for sale that might be of interest to Nikon and D3 fans. I love the camera and the lenses in the kit I've put together, but, have felt the tug of MF calling. So, that means I'll be selling my D3 kit.

1) Nikon D3 --- Mint in the box D3. Less than 5000 actuations. Doesn't include NX software and was a grey market camera. Includes extra battery. Perfect working condition.

Price: $4300 + shipping and +3% for paypal

2) Nikon 200VR ----- Latest and greatest. LNIB and less than 3 months old. USA version with blank warranty card.

Price: $3700 + shipping and +3% for paypal

3) Nikon 28/1.4 ---- Includes box and hard to find hood. Excellent condition.

Price: $3200 + shipping and +3% for paypal

4) Nikon Noct 58mm/1.2 ---- 9 blade version in excellent condition.

Price: $3100 + shipping and +3% for paypal

5) Nikon 14-24mm ---- LNIB; USA version with blank warranty card.

6) Zeiss ZF100 macro ---- LNIB; USA version with blank warranty card.

I'll post a few pictures in the next several days but wanted to list the gear here first.

Kurt
Darn it Kurt, where were you when I was building my Nikon wedding kit?

Woulda jumped on that 28/1.4 in a NY heart beat.

Timing is everything.

David K

Workshop Member
Hey Kurt,

Now look at what you've gone and started just by selling your Nikon gear. You are quickly catching up to Guy in gear turnover and that is saying something. Good luck with your sale. You've got some awesome lenses in this kit...

Guy Mancuso

LOL I actually would not mind having that D3 for that price. Problem is i already robbed all the banks in the area and they know me now. LOL

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I've seriously considered selling my M8, 35 and 75luxes to keep the D3 and noct as an everyday kit. The M8 has been sitting home more often these days. Keep what you use is probably a good strategy ... as long as you know that you won't need it again later.

Guy Mancuso

Wow Kurt nice to see all your gear sell in just a couple days. Nice to see our members so active to boot. Kurt is a great guy to buy and sell too, I think I hold the record for that with him. LOL