The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikon 20mm f2.8

Lloyd

Selling my much-loved AF Nikkor 20mm f2.8. In great shape; recently CLA'd by Nikon and used exactly once since. This lens produces wonderful results.

I rate this Ex+ on the KEH scale. Includes, detachable hood, front and rear caps. Sorry, no box.

Price: $385.00, plus shipping & 3% PayPal fee. PayPal preferred.
View attachment 35196

View attachment 35195

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
:cry: bought a 20-35mm for WA a couple of days ago only because i couldn't find a good copy of this 20/2.8.

Would have jumped on this one... next time i'll ask.

Good luck with the sale Lloyd -a good revised copy like this one, from a reputable seller like you should go fast.

Lloyd

Thanks Corlan. I really hate to sell it, but I have two other lenses in that focal length.

Lloyd

I assume this is a non-D version?
There is no "D" on the lens, but to my knowledge Nikon made the AIS version of the 20/2.8, which was manual focus, and then the AF version, which was, according to Bjørn Rørslett, a "D" lens. Since the biggest advantage of "D" was advance metering for flash, and since I never used this lens with flash, I never gave it a thought.

Lloyd

Ok, Dave (D&A) has enlightened me... there are both "D" and "non-D" versions of the AF 20/2.8, and according to his serial number info, this one is "non-D".

Thanks Dave.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
I used both in the 90's and the first sample (non-D) had significantly less flare, and also more contrast. FWIW.

(they were way over $1000 at the time... and the dollar was "worth" much more on the global economy scene)

D&A

Your're welcome Lloyd. As you pointed out (and in my opinion too), there is little to distingush both versions from each other and either one makes an extremely fine wide angle lens...that's often a compact wide angle mainstay when used either on full frame or APS sensor Nikon mount bodies.

Dave (D&A)

Lloyd