The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Request for a small piece of black Gaffer's Tape

coors

Hi,
I'm doing some long exposure/UV light source photography and the little green LED at the power switch on my Olympus E-P1 is casting visible spectrum light all over my subject and its background. It's $20 for a large roll of Gaffer's tape and I only need a small piece (1/2"x1/2".) If you have a small piece that you can send, please let me know and I'll PM you my address and adequate compensation for your troubles. I live in Ohio, USA. :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm looking for the whole roll today myself . Have a shoot in the morning. My kid probably is taping something to his walls with it. LOL

coors

Thanks, for all the suggestions. Yes, that electrical tape is nasty stuff after awhile. Cindy came through for me. Thanks Cindy!

m3photo

Re: "Goo" Residue

I would only resort to this for rather short-term use. That stuff gets awfully funky after a while, leaving a nice goo behind.
Quite so. Here's the best solution:

I've been using Micropore on my (aerial) cameras for many years now. Micropore is 3M's trade name for surgical tape. It sticks to anything (it works on skin, duh), is made of paper - so you can paint over it with a marker pen and best of all it leaves no residue.