The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: M6 in great shape + M-Rokkor 4/90 Made in Germany

leif e

The camera:
I´ve had this M6 since early this summer and it has served me well - handles like wonder! It does show use, but only as a more shiny black chrome where thumb and fingers have been handling it naturally (guess "brassing" isn´t the word for this, since it´s the chrome that shines through :) )
A previous owner had Leica in Solms give it a full CLA. I´m not sure exactly when, but as I understand it; less than a year ago (I´ll check that out tomorrow). I have a document from the Norwegian handler showing the work done.

For a short time I had problems with the long shutter times hanging. This was solved by firing them quite a few times. They´re now working properly and they are correct.

Comes with a black half case. I never use these, so forgot to take a picture of it, but will do if needed. I do not know who made the half case.

$950 plus PayPal and $30 international shipping.

The lens:
This is a version of the Elmar C 4/90 I haven´t seen before; M-Rokkor 4/90, made in Germany. I got this lens from a member at RFF not long ago and really like what it produces, but I´ve made myself an M8-owner (again) and I´ll get a 75mm instead. The lens is in excellent+ shape, few use marks, perfect glass and function. Comes with origial rubber hood (great shape) and original caps.

$325 is what I bought it for. Please add PP fee and $25 for international shipping.

I´ll consider offers - especially if you´re interested in both items. I may also consider a CV 2,5/75mm as part payment.

Sorry about noisy pics, especially of the lens. They´re crops form the M8 with CV 1,4/35 ... :)

Last edited:

leif e

Price reduced for camera body: $900.

I got an e-mail from the Norwegian Leica importer (Interfoto as) today, saying that their invoice to the previous owner was dated December 18 last year (2009). The list of what was done includes the following (The first sentence is in Norwegian and explains that the text below is the original text from Leica´s service report #):

Dette er den orginale teksten fra Leicas servicerapport (571219 - 115383):

Leica M6 black chromium finish 1 PCS serial number: ( 1917463 )

Neccessary labour:
adjust shutter
shutter overhaul
lean and relubr. shutter
clean shutter mechanism
adjust shutter brake
adjustment of shutter times
clean/repair resistor
adjust exposure meter
adjust autocollimation
adjust friction
clean viewfinder optic