The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HU: 200mm f2.0 VR

M

Mango

At Cameta Auctions on Ebay. It's a factory demo for $2,750 with a 1-year warranty.

I've dealt with them before, and was looking to buy a D300 from them, and saw this lens, so I thought I'd let the people on this forum know.

I have no affiliations with the place, but they are good to deal with.

Regards,
Mango

D

ddk

At Cameta Auctions on Ebay. It's a factory demo for $2,750 with a 1-year warranty.

I've dealt with them before, and was looking to buy a D300 from them, and saw this lens, so I thought I'd let the people on this forum know.

I have no affiliations with the place, but they are good to deal with.

Regards,
Mango
Is there a link for the auction?

robmac

If legit (and Cameta's rep is good), it's a hell of a nice price. Aaargh....the gods (actually must be goddesses) of the dark side (I shoot Leica/Zeiss/Hassy on a 1Ds2) are whispering nasty suggestions in my ear.

sc_john

Don't get too excited. It's an auction, and price is currently $3,558 with 16+ hrs remaining for bidding.

M

Mango

The item was originally listed with a BIN (Buy It Now) proce of $2,750. However, if anyone puts a low initial price, the BIN price disappears and it becomes a regular auction. Apparatenly some nimrod put a price of $333 to start it off, and ruined it for a BIN buyer. Where do these idiots come from?

dfarkas

Workshop Member
I believe it's called shill bidding.... ;)

No dealer in their right mind would sell that lens for $2700 and lose over $1000 from dealer cost. I bet they know the nimrod very well indeed.

David