The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Canon 25/1.4 & 13/1.5 c-mounts

apicius9

Here are two more c-mounts. I like the Canon 25/1.4 on the m4/3 format, it has a great handling, the IQ is nice, the size is perfect, and the sensor coverage is decent, i.e. slight vignetting but less than e.g. a Kern Switar. The lens is in good shape, it has been sitting around for a while and would benefit from a good cleaning, though... I can add a rear cap but don't have a front cap for it. $149 incl shipping, insurance & paypal.

_1080535 by mgapicius, on Flickr

_1080531 by mgapicius, on Flickr

Here is a pic taken with it, fully open on a gloomy day in 16:9 format

Canon TV-16 25/1.4 at f1.4; 16:9 format by mgapicius, on Flickr

The Canon 13/1.5 is a decent cheap wide angle for the m4/3 system. Like most wide c-mounts it does vignette and the sharpness falls off toward the corners. But it is usable, especially in 1:1 format, and being fast as it is, I like having one of them around (I have more than one of these...). This copy here is a mixed bag: The outside and barrel show signs of use but nothing that is worrisome, the glass is also good, I can see no major flaws. However, some of the inside paint seems to be bubbling up a bit (see second picture). This does not affect the IQ in any way that I am aware of, and it seems to be similar with all the copies I have, so I assume that is a design flaw. Low price on this one, $89 shipped & paypaled in the US. Comes with a case, no caps.

_1080513 by mgapicius, on Flickr

_1080509 by mgapicius, on Flickr

Here is a pic with it in 16:9 format. Obviously, the vignetting will be much less in 1:1

Stefan