The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Hasselblad CFV 16

trev2401

Looking for a Hasselblad CFV 16 digi back, Version I or II both welcome.

Feedback available here on getdpi, FM & on Rfforums.

Thanks!

Trevor

bensonga

Good luck finding one Trevor.

I have a CFV-16 II, which I haven't been using much, but I'm not ready to part with it. I suppose there aren't alot of these backs around, which in and of itself, may be part of the problem in finding a used one for sale. They may not be worth much anymore (a fraction of what we paid for them when new, of course) and I think that folks who have them tend to keep them (unless they upgrade to a CFV-39 or CFV-50).

Gary

Double Negative

Not Available
How do you like the files from your CFV16?
They're really incredible files. So they're not "huge" at 16MP, but for my needs enough. What amazes me is the color and depth of the images. Out of all my cameras (I've got a few) the CFV back produces the most stunning, saturated colors. Got to love fat pixels too - they make for very smooth, low-noise images.

These are from a recent outing at the Planting Fields Arboretum. The Hassy shots are square, heh - the rest are M9 shots.

Probably my favorite output of any camera.

fotografz

arrrghhh guys.. you're killing me!!!!

Need a back... soon!!!
(still looking)
Contact a Hassey reptile :)

Hassey sells refurb backs and warranties them for 6 months. But a rep has to check if they have one or not.

Reptiles may also know who is upgrading to the newer 39 or 50 backs and may be able to hook you up with a current owner willing to sell.

-Marc

trev2401

Contact a Hassey reptile :)

Hassey sells refurb backs and warranties them for 6 months. But a rep has to check if they have one or not.

Reptiles may also know who is upgrading to the newer 39 or 50 backs and may be able to hook you up with a current owner willing to sell.

-Marc
Best darn post i've come across! :ROTFL:

Thanks for the tip Marc, will give them a buzz Monday.

Hope all's well. :)

bensonga

this may be your chance, Gary...39.39.39
I know, I know.....and yes, I would love to have a CFV-39. If I didn't have so much money tied up in too many camera systems that I'm unwilling to part with, if I had the self-discipline to concentrate on just a few systems.....I could afford to upgrade to a CFV-39. But, I don't, so I'm stuck with the CFV-16...fat pixels and all. Oh well, life could be worse, much worse. :eek:

Now I just need to get out and use the darn thing!

Gary

Eoin

Hi Trevor,

Have you seen the CFV-16 on ebay, item no 220681413767 ?.
Nothing to do with me, but I've been toying with the idea of a 203FE or 205FCC and
a CFV and every now and then I search ebay.

The more I think of it, cost of back and body, the more inclined I become for a 3DII and medium rez back. Oh well back to the dream.

trev2401

Hi Trevor,

Have you seen the CFV-16 on ebay, item no 220681413767 ?.
Nothing to do with me, but I've been toying with the idea of a 203FE or 205FCC and
a CFV and every now and then I search ebay.

The more I think of it, cost of back and body, the more inclined I become for a 3DII and medium rez back. Oh well back to the dream.
Thanks for the heads up.. The local hasselblad shooters here did inform me about that listing too, but a few of us are a bit puzzled (and suspicious) as to the repeated bids by the same particular person.... that and i've never been a particular fan of the bay.

Dolce Moda

The price on the ebay cfv has gone stratospheric. Also I wouldn't consider buying from a seller that only has 2 feedbacks in the last 12 months... and the rest from 5 years ago. Danger Will Robinson!

Double Negative

Not Available
I wouldn't go near this eBay auction (220681413767). The bidding history does look a bit weird, and you can get a CFV for less anyway.

Eoin

As always with ebay - buyer beware!. I know nothing about the seller, or the item other than it was just a "heads up" to Trevor who's been looking for one of these CFV-16.

I would endorse Marc's (fotografz) approach to finding one of these, the warranty is key IMO as these are getting old.

trev2401

Thanks for all the tips guys... checked with the local hassy agent today, and the only backs he had for clearance were the 39 backs. (Apparently, the CFV 39s are considered "obsolete" here in South East Asia already)....

Still looking i guess... sigh.