The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS/T: Leica 28/2.8 VII ROM + custom adapter

robmac

Have a very nice (thanks RobS) copy of the latest Leica's 28/2.8 ROM that I'm thinking of parting with. Truly (insert favored deity here)'s own 28mm.

That said, don't find myself using often and when I do, I tend to use it more in a reportage-style mode where you'd be better suited to use the faster 35 'cron, 35/2 ZF, etc.

In short, it's flat-across-the-frame MTF is wasted for the shots I normally find myself using it for and an extra stop would come in handy.

So, thinking of replacing it with a late model 35 'cron or maybe (shudder) an EF 35/1.4, but I don't think the etxra stop and AF is worth the poor out-of-center performance, extra cost and a ticket in the Canon Lens Lottery. Been down the 35/2 ZF route. Nice lens, but not for me.

Lens is pristine and comes with a custom-encoded (e.g. "28mm F2.8") EOS FC adapter for Canon shooters, box, caps, case ,papers.

If anyone's interested $1300 or 35 'con + $$$ shipped insured/tracked within NA. CDN folks EMT or certified cheque fine. US folks with an aversion to Paypal - a USPS INTERNATIONAL MO is fine as well. Paypal - add 3%. Shipping outside NA is fine, buyer picks up the actual cost -$20.

I'll post it here first for a spell before adding it to FM -- or changing my mind. It's that nice a lens as some of you well know.

robmac

Make a reasonable offer - for Canon shooters out there, your could shave with this lens on a 5D, 1Ds2-3 or 1D3. Will post some pics as soon as I can come up for air.

robsteve

Subscriber
Rob:

Do you still have the box, leather case and other papers for it? This will influence some buyer's decision.

robmac

Rob

"..Lens is pristine and comes with a custom-encoded (e.g. "28mm F2.8") EOS FC adapter for Canon shooters, box, caps, case ,papers..."

Comes just like you sold it to me ;> Hey, wanna do a parts trade for your 35/2 beater ;>?

Market for specific R glass tends to come and go in waves of popularity and I'm in no hurry. It also doesn't look like KEH is replenishing stocks in a hurry either (entire primes inventory is down to 1 page).

Love it, but it's overkill for what I use it for and I have a long list (who doesn't) of gear I 'need' to get - not the least of which is an Epson 3800 to replace my ancient PoS HP printer.

Guy's Mamiya 200 APO should be here next week - looking fwd to seeing what that can do on the (for now) 1Ds2.