The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Damaged Canon 17-55 2.8 lens

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay I'm lazy and this is going to turn out to be a great deal for someone. Bought this lens used for 850 dollars used it a couple times. Went to shoot a golf gig and the damn thing rolled right out of the cart. Well needless to say it be broke. LOL After 35 years of shooting you just laugh at this stuff, **** happens.

Well the rear element mount busted lose inside the lens and it needs to be taken apart at Canon and a new mount installed. Also I have a filter ring on the lens that is stuck and i can't get it off:thumbdown:physically the lens looks great and the elements are not damaged:thumbup: Now i should send it into Canon get a estimate and get it fixed than sell it and all that jazz:eek: Well here is the lazy part. I don't want too and frankly i would just rather someone here get a serious deal because I know this will not cost a lot to fix and I need a few dollars to buy a new toy:bugeyes: I'm a gear slut and I need to hit a buy button on something before the workshop:grin: Makes me feel good:clap:

Okay pocketbooks ready here we go first 250 gets it shipped for free and paypal. Yes I am nuts . I have a certificate here that says so :bugeyes:

Hey and I even have the box.

David Schneider

To whoever bought this, you might want to put in a call to Toshio at TF Camera Repair. Canon has outsourced tens of thousands of repairs to him as a sub-contractor. He's in my town, just a 10 min. drive from Canon in Jamesburg, NJ. Generally you'll get your gear repaired faster, better, less expensive by going directly to Canon. He's been repairing Canon gear for over 30 years and considered one of the best repair techs in the country. Over the last few years he's become a friend of mine and in his shop I've met photographers who have been doing business with him for 25 years and longer. If you call, tell him you're a friend of mine. I don't get anything out of it; it's just a joke between us about how many friends I have. Anyone who uses Canon gear should keep his number handy. He's an outstanding resource to have.

TF Camera Repair
732-238-8606
27 Brunswick Woods Drive
East Brunswick, NJ 08816