The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Apo-Telyt-R 280/4, APO 2x, APO 1.4x

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Apo-Telyt-R 280/4 Selling this absolute gem. MINT, with case, instruction booklet, test cert, original box, and case/lens straps and caps. The only sign it has ever been used is a few marks on the lens mount. (Rear lens cap looks used.) I'm the first owner, and it's about five years old. Focus is perfectly smooth, perfectly damped throughout the range. Brilliant 400/4 on the DMR. $4150

Apo-Extender-R 2x EX+ (mint except the lettering is ever so lightly faded), with Leica leather ship/storage case and caps. $725

Apo-Extender-R 1.4x "For R 2.8/280" EX+ (very slight signs of use), with Leica leather ship/storage case and caps. Despite the labelling works brilliantly on the 280/4, with no real discernible image degradation - crisp and clear even wide open. $725

I can try to get some shots up, but there's really not much to show...

I used these on an R9/DMR and on a Canon 1Ds2 with wonderful results.

Available for inspection, testing, or personal pickup in San Francisco, CA if you should so choose. I'll take PayPal, or if you're local a personal check.

bensonga

Wish I could afford it Jan. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the lens, right?

Wow....!!

While the 135/2.8 and 180/2.8 I ordered recently are nice, they are a far cry from a 280 APO.

Good luck with the sale!

Gary

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Forgot to mention I also have a Kirk dovetail plate (for Arca style clamps) that I'll include for free.

Both extenders are cammed.
Lens of course is ROM.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Ah man you had to show this baby. Folks bar none there is simple nothing better in this focal length. a true gem and I actually liked this better than the 180 F2 cron which was my sweat heart.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I still remember some of those catwalk shots you posted taken with the APO 180/2 and DMR... Still have an R9 and DMR; the back is going on sale here as well as soon as I get some photos taken. All these Leica APOs are fantastic, and the DMR turns out nice files!

heninden

The visoflex converts the M Leica (and the LTM Leica, depending on model of visoflex) into an SLR. It has a mirror housing and a focussing screen. So the viewing is through the lens.