The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Gura Gear Kiboko

Stuart Richardson

I am going back to the US from the 24th-2nd and would love to bring a Kiboko backpack back with me. I would make a good offer on someone's bag, assuming it is in decent shape. I would buy a new one but it is sold out! If you have one you are considering selling or know where to buy one, please let me know! I need to buy one in the US, otherwise with shipping and Icelandic taxes 399 becomes nearly 800 USD.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Hi Stuart
Have you asked the manufacturer, Gura Gear, where you can find it or if they can help you out in some way ?
Looks like a nice bag, with a very well thought out design.

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Steen. I have not gotten a hold of the manufacturer yet, it is just one man in Texas. I called a few times, but he did not answer and I did not leave a callback number since I am in Iceland. But he only has an online store and it appears two resellers. His website says they are out of stock until mid November, and both the resellers said the same thing.
In any case, I am actually thinking about going for the photobackpacker rpt/kelty p2 bag and system. This is a true backpacker's bag made for large and medium format. In a way, it is probably even more of what I am looking for, as I really don't have a good backpack for my large format kit, nor a good hiking packpack. It would not be as good for travel (a bit big for airlines), but it would likely carry much better on hike and be a better solution for 4x5. But I am definitely still considering the Kiboko! It just does not look like it is even really possible to buy at this time.

Hey guys. Was browsing the medium forum and realized this message was here. Stuart, I think we have a slightly used bag in our office. We are definitely out of stock right now, due to high demand (that isn't a bad thing from my position, but I understand how it can be the opposite for people who want a bag).

Please email me at [email protected] so I have your email address. I will check to make sure we have a bag lying around that we can sell you at a discount for the used condition.

Stuart Richardson

Yes, thanks very much to Andy, the problem is solved! I will be heading back to Iceland with a barely used demo Kiboko on my back. That is some truly exceptional service. Thanks to everyone for the help!