The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: User Leica M6 Classic

wjlapier

Looking for a user condition Leica M6 classic. Early serial numbers preferred. I don't care about the condition of the top and bottom plate. The rest of the camera must be in excellent working condition. Chrome or black chrome doesn't matter. If the rewind knob is out of wack, doesn't matter! Price should reflect condition.

LMK your asking price including all fees shipped to 99324

Thanx--Bill

wjlapier

OK, so I've had offers for nice M6's. I have a very nice M6. What I'm after is basically a beater. The top and bottom I'm not concerned with. I do however, want the rest of the camera to be in working condition. This is for a FrankenLeica project so the top and bottom, and most of the levers and knobs don't have to be perfect.

Thanx--Bill

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
That's pretty specific... If I were you I'd also call DAG, SK, KEH, Steve Zhou, and others who service cameras. They might be able to provide exactly the carcass you're looking for - for less than a whole camera. :)

t.s.k.

Don't forget Youxin Ye in Boston and Stan Tamarkin.

Posting on RFF or LUG might yield more bites as well.

wjlapier

Thanx folks for the suggestions. DAG is doing the conversion--some milling involved beyond my ability. He's done a few.