The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Zeiss ZM 50mm Planar

enochRoot

Lens was purchased new from Popflash about a month ago and used for less than one roll of film. I found a good deal on a tabbed summicron, so this must go. Everything is included as new and the lens is in Mint condition. $625 plus shipping.

Last edited:

rchisholm

Re: FS: Zeiss ZM 50mm Planar

Fantastic, fantastic lens! Wish I hadn't just purchased one :( This is quite the lens on the M9. My favorite general purpose 50 by a long margin.

enochRoot

I agree! To be honest, my decision of lens has more to do with ergonomics than quality. I feel that the Planar is actually slightly better than the Summicron due to its rendition of tone. But I personally favor a tabbed lens.

And these newer Planars actually have a better finish and engraving than older ones. That is one area people have commented on before, and it would appear that Zeiss listened.

Leicadoc

I have had them both.
You are listing the wrong lens...but that's my opinion.
Great piece, this.

enochRoot

Come on now...stop it! It was hard enough making up my mind about this in the first place :confused: :D

enochRoot

The lens is no longer available for sale. I've decided to hold onto it for a while.