The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Sony Sale

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I decided as much as i like the new A55 it is the wrong format for me . I like 4:3 format so all of this is exactly 1 month old and only less than 700 frames.

A55 like brand new box and everything else with kit lens .
799 shipped/paypal

Sony SAL-1680Z 16-80mm f/3.5-4.5 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T DT Zoom Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Camera

699 shipped/paypal SOLD

Buy them both and i will throw in a 28mm 2.8 Minolta for 50 dollars

V

Vivek

Re: FS: Sony Sale

I wondered how long it will last in your hands! :ROTFL:

Terry

Vivek,
I wasn't going to be the first!
We had an under over contest on how long after the workshop it would last.

Guy always likes to test out new tech at workshops.......perhaps we should write to manufacturers and get him test units.....but then that would cut off people's ability to buy his gear and say I have an authentic Guy Mancuso bit of gear in my kit!

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

It's funny under the 1k mark on these cams i really do like to try them out and I go back and forth on which ones kind of works and kind of does not. The Sony actually is very very good IQ wise my problem is it is not small enough to be my toy and worse yet I have a 7D which I need for work reasons but it competes against it.

I agree Terry these OEM's should just send me these toys for the workshops.

Guy Mancuso

The Zeiss is sold to Eoin. Good catch

A55 left and i will still throw in the 28mm 2.8 for a extra 50 dollars. I also have a off brand battery that sort of works with tape on it. I will throw that in as well.

jonoslack

It's funny under the 1k mark on these cams i really do like to try them out and I go back and forth on which ones kind of works and kind of does not.
Me too - and it's not the end of the world if it's not a success - I'm very enamoured of the little A55 . . . . .but then I was pretty pleased with . . .
G1
EP1
GF1
EP2
Nex5
. . . and they all seem to be gone, whilst my trusty M9s and A900 still remain

But the A55 does have something that none of the above have . . . .

It's Not Irritating

Added to which I already have a bunch of lenses which work well on it, and which I'm keeping anyway as they're for the A900.

Eoin

Thanks Guy, a pleasure as always.:salute:

Hi Jono,

You're very correct, it's not irritating. A lovely bundle of tricks. And as you say, the bunch of lenses we already have that will work on it........ Ahem!, that's the reason I bought Guys 16-80. I cringe when I see my other half bounce my good Zeiss lenses around.

Look Darling, I bought you a lovely Zeiss that's not quite as heavy as mine..:ROTFL:, Do you think I'll get away with it?.

Guy Mancuso

Okay Sony A55 with kit lens 799 and a FREE 28mm 2.8 Minolta lens. I have to run to UPS tomorrow anyway. Shipped FREE.

Okay spend some money people. i have more toys to buy. LOL