The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Leica MATE - second version - UK/EU

jonoslack

Hi there
I have a Leica Tri-elmar 28-35-50 for sale - second version with the dof scales and the smaller 49mm filter.
Boxed cased, front and rear caps and slimline leica UV filter (no lens hood - I don't think it needs one).

It's not 6 bit coded, but I have coded it successfully using a marker kit (which would come with the lens).

If anyone in the UK / EU is interested £2100 (what I paid for it). Then I'll put up pictures etc.

jonoslack

Re: FS Leica MATE - second version - UK/EU

Okay - several people seem interested - pictures tomorrow!

ashwinrao1

Wow, Jono, good luck with the sale. Someone will be very happy. Funny that you post this for sale now, as I just submitted a review of the lens to Steve Huff's site....I suspect it will go up in the next week or so!

I just mirrored the review on my blog, until Steve gets it up, for any interested in the lens:
http://photos-ash.blogspot.com/2010/11/leica-mate-reviewcheck-out-steve-huffs.html

Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:

Eoin

Wow! From memory you searched high & low for version. Good luck with the sale, hope you won't regret it.

jonoslack

I'm sorry folks - I'm having the heeby jeebies already about this sale.
Several people have shown interest - I'll PM them privately and make a final decision this evening - if I do decide to go ahead, then there will be pictures . . . to be continued!

archiM44

I sold mine a short while ago because it wasn't very interesting on the M8 due to the crop factor and because after putting on the IR filter I had to use the hood and it became a monster lens. (without the filter I never needed a hood in my film days because the front element in the first version retracts enough to shield it.)
Shortly thereafter I got an M9 and realized after a few days that all the disadvantages had disappeared. I looked at some of the scanned slides I had taken with it in my film days and couldn't wait to try buying it back, which succeeded. And paying only a really tiny premium.
Boy, am I glad he still had it and that I didn't hesitate.
Ashwin's review only underlined it for me.
If it's a good one................
regards
maurice

jonoslack

Well, I still haven't finally decided, However, I'll keep properly in touch with everybody who has PM'd me. As I've taken the photos, then I may as well post them here.

Apologies for being so neurotic!

P.S. as far as I can see there are no marks or blemishes, the framelines work perfectly on both of my M9 bodies, and the hand coding is reporting the correct lens every time.

I will be answering messages, but I'm working on site until Friday, and I will make a final decision then.

Again, apologies for vacillating!

Last edited:
P

Paul O'D

I'm also interested, if a bit late. I live in Chicago.

awslee

This is a fantastic price for this lens, I just bought one for a lot more.

jonoslack

SOLD to the nice man from Liverpool
Sorry to have been a bit slow off the mark. Been travelling.

jonoslack

SOLD to the nice man from Liverpool
Sorry to have been a bit slow off the mark. Been travelling.