The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: MacBook Pro 15 inch Unibody damaged as is sale

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hello everyone I have this very nice 15 inch Unibody 2.93 with 4gb of ram and a 250 gb 5400 rpm laptop with the express port. This was just before Apple decided to remove the express port. Now it is damaged though , I dropped it at a Dallas airport on a business trip and cracked the glass on it plus it put a few small dents on top cover. Now to replace the glass it is about 229 dollars and/or 95 for someone to do it for you. Here is just one site that does this or you can order from http://www.powerbookmedic.com/MacBook-Pro-15-Display-LCD-Screen-p-16893.html

It is a 15 inch late 2008 model. I just reloaded Snow leopard on it , One Firwire 800 port, ethernet , 2 USB's, Mini Display port , Express card slot and in and out headphone mic jacks. No other damage than top cover and glass.

Comes with power cable

Asking a low price of 999.00 shipped and paypal no charge or best offer

Guy Mancuso

Re: FS: MacBook Pro 15 inch damaged as is sale

This is the last model Apple made in 15 inch Unibody design and also the highest CPU 2.93 in 15 inch before they removed the Express card slot which IMHO was the dumbest move Apple ever made. Okay that is debatable. LOL

BTW You CAN upgrade this to 8gbs of RAM. I had 8gbs in it but moved them over to new machine.

Also very easy to upgrade to a SSD drive as well. Lift cover and replace drive no need to remove body screws

Guy Mancuso

Re: FS: MacBook Pro 15 inch Unibody damaged as is sale

Price Lowered to 925.00 or best offer. BTW not sure you noticed but the screen is fully operational and loaded with a fresh install of Snow Leopard. Just the glass is damaged not the LCD

Guy Mancuso

I will look at trades . Remember I shoot Phase, Canon and Panasonic which a 7-14,20 and/or 14-140 is needed

Guy Mancuso

Model Family: MacBook Pro
Display: 15"
Processor Type: 2.93GHz Core 2 Duo
Model Number: A1286
Color: Aluminum
Factory: China
Production Year: 2009
Production Week: 13 (March)