The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Toyo 45AII with Schneider Symmar-S 135/5.6 & Reflex Viewer

kzphoto

Up for sale is my beloved 4x5. Model is a Toyo 45AII with a 360 degree revolving back and a Bino Reflex viewer.

Camera was purchased from eBay 2 years ago and has been used to make about 30-40 photographs since. I had planned on becoming a big deal in architectural photography, but since that plan is out the window :( -- the camera is up for sale!

The body itself has seen some use and has paint wear along the outer edges. All functions are smooth and lock in place where they should. The rear standard locks vertically at a true 90 degrees as does the front standard. I haven't had any problems with this camera. There are two plates of glass in the rear, I think one is a fresnel and the other is an acid etched grid thingie. I'm not really sure why there's two, but there they are. The bottom left corner has been removed or chipped off somewhere along the way. I'm not sure if it's stock, or if this was done by the previous owner. I sure didn't do it!

The Reflex viewer is super cool. It's turns your 4x5 field camera into a 4x5 reflex camera! (without the annoying mirror slap.) The way this works is that you attach the viewer to the rear of the camera (over the ground glass / fresnel) and look down into the viewer to compose. It magnifies the image a bit, and makes composing much easier than with a dark cloth and loupe.

The Lens is a Schneider Symmar-S 135/5.6 on a Toyo lensboard. It was purchased on eBay from a local camera shop (Gasser's camera in San Francisco) and was used in conjunction with the camera. Front and rear glass elements are spotless / flawless / yadda yadda. They're immaculate. The inside of the rear lens has a haze or fungus (not sure which) which wasn't disclosed to me at the time of purchase. :angry:

It hasn't been cleaned or tampered with, but it hasn't affected my pictures either.
The lens is in a Copal - 0 Shutter which is firing at all speeds and settings. The shutter is working like a champion.
That being said, I'm throwing the lens, shutter, and lensboard in for FREE with the camera & reflex viewer purchase.

I'm asking $1200 for the whole package.

*or*

$900 for the camera body & lens

$300 for the binocular reflex viewer thingie.

Photos to follow, as soon as I figure out how to attach them from flickr.....

kzphoto

Forgot to add that I have feedback on ebay as "xbleh", Rangefinderforum.com as "kzphoto" as well as here!