The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Bowers Wilkins P5 headphones w/mic for apple iphone

markwon

Less than a month old, these are considered one of the best headphones in the market right now. Even better with a smart phone, since they have a second cord with mic and volume control. I have used them for less than 20hrs.

They come in original box with all accessories. Retails for $299+tax.

$250 shipped/paypalled

Product Description
Many manufacturers like to accentuate bass and high frequencies to help make audio sound better. In some cases, it works. For those who prefer all the natural music properties preserved in the original form, there's the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile HiFi Stereo Headphones.

Deep" bass. "Enhanced" treble. Sounds good on the pack, but the problem with the gimmicky effects that so often come with other headphones is that they quickly become tiring with extended listening. With P5, you get a far more natural sound, and longer-lasting listening enjoyment.

Behind P5's natural sound is some of the most advanced technology ever to be put into a set of headphones. Specially developed ultra-linear neodymium magnets and highly optimised Mylar diaphragms keep music sound rich, pure and incredibly detailed, with no need for artificial adjustments.

Use of a closed-back design with rigid metal faceplates and sealed earpads ensures that all the detail and dynamic range of your music is kept intact, while preserving just enough ambient sound to give you a sense of place. This makes the P5 perfect for listening to music on the go.

No one knows how to get great sound out of your iPod or iPhone better than Bowers & Wilkins, makers of the award-winning Zeppelin sound docks. P5 gives you the same amazing sound quality when you're out and about. There's also an iPhone-approved cable, for easy speech and device control.

Smart design and user-friendly features support the P5's high-quality sound and luxury materials. The Made for iPod cable allows easy control of an iPod, and the microphone facilitates calls on an iPhone. The leather earpads are magnetically attached, and can be quickly removed to swap the supplied cables.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Re: Bowers Wilkins P5 headphones w/mic for apple iphone

I have these headphones, and they are awesome. Far better fidelity than most, and while not noise cancelling, they are noise isolating and solid option for travel...indispensible to me.

Further, my highest recommendation of Mark! Purchase with confidence.

kermaier

Dang, I just bought these last week from Apple! Best headphones I've ever had.
Ari

Terry

I keep eyeing these every time I walk into the Apple store. I have the speakers (that came out at the same time) attached to my mac Pro and they are awesome. I need to noodle this for a little while.

markwon

Ashwin (thanks for the kind words) and Ari, I agree. These are amazing headphones that come in great size. In keeping with Apple products, they paid great attention to the ergonomics as well.

I would keep them but between these and two other high-end phones, I just don't use them much. The feel of the leather on these are as exquisite as the sound.

Terry, while my larger studio sized headphones outclass these, especially when used with a DAC/headphone amp, as portable headphones these are among the best for size, comfort, and SQ. I'm sure you would enjoy them!

flipflop

How do these compare to the Bose QC3 with noise canceling? These do look nice!

markwon

sorry I can't comment on the QC3's having never used them. But I did once own the Bose on-ear headphones, which I thought sounded mediocre, though comfortable. I think the B & W's wil exhibit less sound electronic "manipulation" than the Bose, and more of natural sound as that is what their high end speakers are known for.

How do these compare to the Bose QC3 with noise canceling? These do look nice!