The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtlander 35mm f1.2 + 2 filters

E

eyeheartny

I picked up this lens last month from a local seller for use on an NEX-5. This just isn't the setup for me, so it's all getting sold. The lens is super clean with no dust, fungus, haze, or other marks. The front and rear elements are flawless and the focusing helical is super smooth.

I'm also including a B+W UV/IR filter and a Hoya ND8 neutral-density filter. I bought this lens without the box, but I do have the original hood and cap.

I'd also consider trades for either a Nikon dSLR body (D90, or D300 + cash from me, or comparable Canons) or Nikon/Canon zooms (Nikon 17-55 f2.8 + a bit of cash, for example, and comparable Canons). Basically I'm wanting to return to a dSLR setup ASAP.

$750 shipped/insured in the US.

Last edited:
E

eyeheartny

In terms of a trade, here's one option: I'm looking for a D700 body, so I'll include the NEX-5 + 16mm, the Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f1.2 lens + filters, and cash for the D700 body. As long as the D700 is in good mechanical condition I'll take it. We can negotiate the amount of cash in question. Sound fair?

E

eyeheartny

The lens is unmodified, as far as I know. How might I be able to tell? It's a Leica mount, obviously, but I don't know how to tell whether the mod you reference has been done.

edwin_sn

I really wouldn't know how the modified mount on the VC 35/1.2 would look like compared to the unmodified ones. The simplest way if ever, is to mount it on an M8. If it doesnt mount well and hard to lock, can not focus to infinity, then its not modified... that is if you have a chance to mount it on an M8 :) It will cost $150 to have it modified at cameraquest if it wasnt bought from them, otherwise its free modification you just have to spend on shipping both ways :)

D

DaMeat

So why did you not like the Sony NEX + Voigtlander setup? What were it's limitations?

I am interested in this lens, would you do a trade/partial trade for a Canon 70-200 F4L in like new state?

Cheers,
John

mathomas

Did someone on this thread end up buying the lens? Just curious, since the OP has not responded to my PM (yeah, I'm impatient that way).

Thanks...

E

eyeheartny

Did someone on this thread end up buying the lens? Just curious, since the OP has not responded to my PM (yeah, I'm impatient that way).

Thanks...
Replied. Sorry about that-- work and grad school!

D

DaMeat

Hmm... should I take the no reply as in not interested in the Canon lens and trade? :)

Cheers,
John

E

eyeheartny

Hi, sorry-- have been not on the forum until now. Sale is pending at the moment, but still waiting to hear from buyer about PayPal and shipping options. If sale falls through I will respond to PMs in the order I got them.