The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 Steel Gray

cam

Warranty is good until 08/2011
and just because you have the physical original invoice, does not mean that the camera wasn't registered on-line by the original owner -- which would make the warranty moot.

if you can, you should check and verify with the original place of purchase that the warranty is good until August 2011 for another person.

ohdannyboy

I wanted grey, but received black from my retailer earlier this year. I'd like to switch them, but I already registered my camera online. So I guess I'm stuck with it. Otherwise I'd consider a trade. But alas, the whole warranty/registration issue. Someone at Leica should take notice and change this policy.

cam

it is a muddle, ohdannyboy, and there's the rub... unfortunately, many have been hollering about this for years and nothing's changed...

otherwise, i'd love to be in a three-way with you :p

Double Negative

Not Available
I think this warranty issue only applies in the U.S., no? I don't think that flies in Europe. Of course, that doesn't apply here, but...

symbolphoto

If Fuji didn't announce the X100, i would have picked this one up already. I'm holding out until i see what that's about. If it gets bad reviews, i'll end up going to the M9.

monza

Every M9 ever made is still under warranty through at least 8/2011. I doubt Leica would not honor it.

D&A

Agree with everyone...this looks like a fantastic deal and if one is looking for a M9, I can't see how they could do better, especially at the asking price!