The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Minolta TC-1 great condition, $550

nahlene

Hi guys i have a great condition Minolta film p&s for sale.

Although it is not a rare camera, it is not very easy to get one either. So just a bit introduction. This is Minolta's response to the 1990s-to-current high-end p&s competition between the best camera makers in the world back then. Other of these cameras included Konica Hexar AF, Contax T2&T3, Ricoh GR1 series, Leica Minilux, Nikon 35Ti and 28Ti, Rollei 35AFM, and nowadays Fujifilm Klasse W/S. If you are familiar with these cameras, you may have an idea TC-1's positioning.

It is the tiniest camera of all the class, the body fully made of Titanium. Some suggested that TC-1 stands for "The Camera One", reflecting Minolta's confidence of this camera. Equip'd with a DIVINE G-Rokkor 28/3.5 lens. It has many interesting design features. (cf. More Details)

The camera body is in very good condition, only a very tiny dint on top plate, and a few minor scratches can be found under close inspection. The back is clean. The "shiny dots" in picture below is not dust, but reflection of foam.

Mechanically it is in full working order, aperture click into place precisely and the lens extend and go back without delay or anything (I don't know if it's individual sample difference. The lens, if looked horizontally (with table) from front, it appear slightly not horizontal, but not affecting performance).

The only issue is in the view finder. The viewfinder is not very well sealed, so after years of use dust goes in, and they are visible during usage. Although it is not severe to a degree of distraction, but they are loosely scattered and you may see in the picture here:

The sale will also include a fresh battery (package opened but not used) and one already installed in the camera. Plus the original sheep skin camera case.

I enjoyed this camera very much but as a Moriyama style b&w shooter i found it a waste to use this camera for that purpose, it's made for fine arts, not tough arts. Hope anyone who gets it will enjoy it.

For reference, i am not a common visitor to this forum but rather one at Rangefinderforum under the same name, and i have done some good transaction there. I accept Paypal only, payable both in US and Canadian dollars. Paypal fee is included. Shipping fee is $10 within Canada, $15 to the States and at cost to the rest of the world.

Thanks for reading
Best Regards
C. L.

nahlene

price drops to $500, if it still doesn't go through, i guess i would have to move it onto the Evil Bbay :(