The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Cambo WRS-1000

ggriswold

Re: FS: Cambo WRS-1000

I bought the viewfinder and it was in like new condition, thanks Bob.

After lots of research I found this camera and lens combo is the best way to get top notch wide angle performance from medium format. When you figure what you will pay for the new 45mm or the yet to be released 35mm (and how good will it be?) this is the way to go. Add the movements to the equation and you have the solution available today. I got mine two months ago and it has become my daily camera. If you have never used a tech camera they are really very straight forward-- a few test shots, delete and shoot to save. Also nice to use a camera without menu settings, configurations and interlocks-- this is simplicity-- power up your back, set f stop, shutter speed, focus, cock shutter and click. Never groan when your corners or foreground are soft/ blurred. I too can't believe this hasn't sold sooner.

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

No, the lens is NOT on a T/S panel and as far as I know the Schneider 35 cannot be retrofitted.

Don Libby

Cambo released this little gem mid 2008 and I was fortunate enough to get mine the end of that year along with the Schneider 35mm lens. This setup very quickly became my primary landscape camera and I haven't had a moment of problem or buyer's remorse. The geared movements on the camera are as precise today as they were that first day I used it at the North Rim. I've used the camera in the heat of the desert and the cold of a Wyoming morning sunrise. The ease of using this setup still amazes every time I use it with or without gloves. I've since bought more lenses, most of which I've kept.

In short, anyone wishing for a top notch, somewhat compact technical camera that will offer you the ability to capture stunning images and flat stitches then this is the one. Could it be better? That answer is two fold - yes and no. Some people consider the failing part of the camera is the fact that there's no sliding back. I feel that while the addition of a sliding back might make the camera slightly better it just isn't worth the cost, and I'm not speaking about a monetary issue here.

This is only the second WRS I've seen on the second hand market since it was first introduced so that should count for something here. How many other camera systems out there are resold after a shot period of use after release? This should tell ya something about the camera - actually I feel it speaks volumes.

Do I love this camera? Darn straight I do. Do I recommend this camera? Oh heck yes. Do I think that Bob will eventually come to regret his decision to sell his WRS? In time yes.

Just some thoughts while having my morning coffee and waiting for the turkey.

Don

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Now listed elsewhere, but for folks on this forum I am offering
$4700 paypaled and shipped to lower 48 US addresses.
Items included are body, lens, plate, and bag.

thanks
-bob

kdphotography

I was thinking about telling my kids that we should just celebrate Christmas with one big family gift....

:ROTFL:

kdphotography

I told myself I wouldn't say anything here but I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why this hasn't sold yet! :deadhorse:
...because Bob is patiently waiting for your Paypal payment. And I'm patiently waiting to use your spare...

:D

ggriswold

Somebody is missing out on the real deal for top-notch wide digital MFDB results.
Pickup this great camera and never get disappointed by sub-par edge softness again.

You know you want this.....

etrigan63

I'd love to, but I can't justify it only having sold $150 of photos this year. I would say that business down here sucks, but that would be an insult to vacuums everywhere. If my camera breaks, I can't even afford to fix it.