The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: 35mm f1.4 Summilux Asph Chrome/Silver

D&A

Hi All,

*** First, please note: Since I am usually on my cell phone, responding to PM's is very difficult from it...SO PLEASE e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions or purchases, although once back at a regular computer, its then possible to answer PM's.

With great reluctance I am briefly putting my toes in the water (if I did that to the lens, it wouldn't be good :)), and putting up for sale my Leica 35mm f1.4 Summilux Asph (Ver I), in the rare and hard to find chrome/silver version.

The particulars: Glass is pristine, inside and out. Focusing is silky smooth and aperture ring glides smoothly into each f-stop with aperture blades completely clean. Barrel cosmetics show little signs of use, with barely if any marks on the entire barrel of the lens. There is one extremely tiny pencil point size (dot) on an edge where paint has flaked off and I enlarged (magnified) one of the images greatly (below) to illustrate.

Lens is not 6-bit coded, but one can easily hand code it themselves or have it 6-bit coded by Leica, Dag, etc. for a reasonable fee.

Lens comes with original black/silver Leica box (which does show some wear and creases), the original Leica leather case (with tag), original front and rear lens caps, original hood and hood cap. The hood shows some soft and moderately faint scuffs (can't be felt, simply from handling with the hand) in a number of spots.

Due to rarity (and desirability for some) of the silver/chrome version, especially that the brass construction seems to add to the silkiness of focusing among other attributes (although heavier than the black version), my asking price is $3995.00 net to me plus shipping/insurance. Just recently the commonly seen black ones in similar condition on that "auction site" have gone for $3600.00-$3700.00 .

I'd prefer a North American sale but am open to hear from others from outside this region. If paying via Paypal (net to me), I will only accept confirmed Paypal accounts and ship to the confirmed Paypal address on file.

As reference, I've done many transactions (brought and sold) here on Getdpi as well as all the other usual forums and each one went perfectly and was a pleasure. I've also been on ebay for 10 years with 1300 pure positives (no neutrals or negatives).

Again if you have any questions, please e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. since responding to PM's on my cell phone is difficult....although once back at a regular computer, its then possible to answer PM's sent.

Thanks for looking!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi All,

Just wanted to mention that this lens is now sold. Thank you to everyone who inquired and had an interest in this lens.

Dave (D&A)