The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M2 , M3 , M4 , Summilux 35 1. Version chrome , Summicron 50 etc.

fotolli

Hi all!
I am selling almost all of the Leica stuff I inherited recently. I simply don´t use them and by doing a bit of research found out, that there seem to be quite a few people out there using those classic cameras. So here is what I have to offer:

Leica M4 serialnumber 1192339 year of production 1969 1000 US$

Leica M2 serialnumber 949238 year of production 1958 600 US$

Leica M3 serialnumber 996493 year of production 1960 900 US$

All the cameras are in user conditions with various signs of usage. The M3 had a CLA for roughly 400$ about a year ago at one of Germany´s best experts Foto Reinhardt. The M2 has a big dent on the right side, but works smoothly.

Leica Summicron 50 serialnumber 2228851 500 US$
year of production 1966

Glass is clean and clear without cleaning marks. On one inner element is some sort of smudgin that could probably be cleaned when the lens is serviced. It´s not severe and should not affect the performance of the lens. The lens has a black paint element next to the bayonet.

Leica Summilux 35 serialnumber 2061395 3000 US$
year of production 1964

As far as I could find out only 788 lenses of this first version chrome Summilux 35 Made in Canada were produced. The glass is in very good condition without any cleaning marks. However on one inner element there are a few spots that look like dryed waterdrops. I have seen fungus before, so this is NO fungus and my guess is that it could be cleaned when the lens is serviced. Also behind the front element there is a small dark speck, not exactly dust but something else.
On the aperture ring one of the little „wings“ is a bit bend. It works smoothly, though. After all this is definitely a nice user lens, although still a collectable with the few lenses available on the market. That arises my problem of finding a right price for the lens. I found only two other lenses for sale on ebay with asking prices of 5400 and 6000 US$.

So I´d like to start with an asking price of 3000 US$, but I am absolutely open to offers and I know I might be completly wrong wih the price.

Leica M-Hektor 4,5/135mm serialnumber 1384316 150 US$
year of production 1956, glass is clear, no fungus

Leica Elmar 4/135mm serialnumber 1908523 200 US$
year of production 1961 only 3282 produced in LTM / screwmount
The lens is well used, but since it is relatively rare might be of interest. The glass is clear and there is no fungus.

Leica sunshade for 90mm or 135mm + matching frontcap 50 US$

Leica foldable sunshade Summitar 40 US$

Leica EBEE Filter „Rosal 1“ for Summitar 20 US$

Leica Sunshade FISON for Elmar 50 DRP 20 US$

Leica Sunshade FISON for Elmar 50 DBP post war 20 US$

If interested, please send me a message with your e-mail address, so that I can send you a PDF file with pictures of all of the items.

I am located in Zurich, Switzerland, but can ship from Germany, which means for those living in the EU no incoming taxes would apply.
Prices are menat to be net to me, so please add shipping costs and paypal fees, if you´d like to use their service.

Thanks for looking,

Oliver

fotolli

There´s been only little interest so far.
If the prices are too high, please send me offers.

Thanks

Oliver

Farnz

Oliver,

You might find more interest if you post some detailed pictures, especially of the problems you've mentioned.

It's great that you've honestly described the condition of the items but people are easily put off by problems on high priced items because there is more risk involved.:)

Pete.

fotolli

Hi Pete,

thanks for your advice. I have compiled a PDF with a whole bunch of pictures of all the items.
But it´s over 8MB, so that I thought it a better idea to ask people to send me a e-mail to send the PDF straight to them instead of uploading it here.

Oliver

Oliver,

You might find more interest if you post some detailed pictures, especially of the problems you've mentioned.

It's great that you've honestly described the condition of the items but people are easily put off by problems on high priced items because there is more risk involved.:)

Pete.

fotolli

M2, Summicron 50, Hektor 135, both Fison shades are sold.

All prices are negotionable. Please make offers.

Thanks

Oliver

fotolli

since the thread has been without any traffic and except for the M3 everything sold, I deleted the PDF.
Should anyone be interested in the M3, or another M4 I have, just pm me with your e-mail and I´ll send some pics.

Cheers

Oliver

The link to the PDF seems to be broken...

fotolli

Send pics and info about the M3

Did you read this thread?
The Info about the M3 is in the initial post.
The camera is in user condition, but got a full CLA by one of Germany´s best technicans Foto Reinhard which was 275€, and according to him is ready to go for the next 20 years.

Pictures were in the PDF, that was available.
Here are the pictures once again:

Last edited: