The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB; Nikon TC 20 E III

Sparky16

Now that I bought Nikon 300mm F2.8 VR I, I would like to try Nikon TC 20 E III(the NEW one with ASPH element) with it.
I have a Nikon TC 17 EII, if you would like to take in as partial trade, that's great. But I can buy outright, if you wish.

Please PM me if you have one to part with. Thanks for looking.

Steve

Last edited:

D&A

Hi Steve,

I can tell you emphatically (although you probably know already), that the new 2x TC-EIII combined with the Nikon 300mm F2.8 VR, is stupendous in performance. This is coming from someone that in most cases stays away from teleconverters, especially those other than 1.4x at best. Optically it's about all one could hope for. The previous 2x (TC 20 EII) was dismal in my opinion. Again proper support/good technique and lighting all are required to get the most out of this combination.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi Steve,

No unfortunately I don't have a spare one for sale. I was just commenting on its performance in the off chance you haven't tried one yet and wasn't sure of its level of performance (for a teleconverter). Since they are obviously a current production item and produced, one will come along, I'm sure. Good luck with your search.

Dave (D&A)

Sparky16

Thnaks Dave!
I haven't tried it myself, but I hear its superb performance combined with 300mm VR.

Still looking...