The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Arca CUBE(!!!)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I am selling my Cube -- but wait, I have another one :ROTFL:

Seriously, this is a "spare" Cube, which is absurd. But once you use one, you'll understand that you never want to be without one! Note that this is an earlier version which has different rubber on the knobs, but it is a "real" Arca Swiss Cube, and it works perfectly and is totally smooth and bubbles are dead-level. It shows a few signs of use, mostly as minor rubs and nicks on the top clamp. Includes original box and yes, the famous (and ridiculously expensive) leather case! Perfect working condition.

Asking $1495 OBO, shipped US and paypal'd (The one with the case is over $1900 new and they're out of stock at B&H.)

ggriswold

Re: FS: Arca CUBE(!!!)

GSA.... Gear Sluts Anonymous. Time to get to a meeting everyone!

Jack has to go twice ... once for each iteration of gear.

George

ggriswold

The motto is "Buy now, explain later" ... But it never stipulates how much later and to whom we must explain.
Seriously, I have a rule to spend at least 5% of total gear expenditures on paper and ink. It isn't really a photograph until you can hang it or hold it.
That being said, how often do you see a used cube? This should be gone in 24 hours.

Don Libby

Didn't you sell another Cube about a year a go? What did you do stock up on 'em when they first came out? :D

I'm surprised this hasn't been marked sold by now. Likewise I'm surprised Bob's WRS is still here as well.

Jack is the founding member of GSA and should be honored for his tireless work in developing the field and passing on to others. :salute:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Don, yes I ended up with another one last year too as part of a block purchase. I'm definitely not trying to stockpile them, however given how hard they are to find at times, being an arbitrager for them probably isn't a bad idea! :D

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Jez, Jack... you bought yet ANOTHER cube? I think Uwe is right, you need to publish your new warehouse location <Grin>.

kdphotography

this or D4.....What do you think?
Are you kidding? This could possibly be the first GetDPI GetCubed prototype. Check if the fancy black corrugated cardboard box is signed by Jack and Guy... :ROTFL:

Seriously, The Cube is a great piece of equipment. The new price is often hard to digest for many, but after acquisition, the investment always proves worthwhile. I bought mine after photographing in Death Valley in winter. It's damn hard to level your rig when you're shivering uncontrollably. The Cube makes it a quick and effortless exercise.

It's rare to see a "used" Cube for sale---and this one is from a very known quantity (Jack's warehouse)---and Jack is known for well-kept equipment. I'm surprised Guy isn't tempted. (Hey, I am a senior resident enabler)

Buy this Cube. Then ask Jack to sign the box and annoint it the first GetDPI GetCubed collectible.
:ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

LOLOL! I will gladly sign the box! And yes, this is THE original Cube that launched the fanclub frenzy!

Don Libby

"Jacks Warehouse" I picture driving out into the desert for miles until you reach what would appear to be an abandoned military base. Just drive through the gate and continue on for several miles on the dirt road. Be careful to stay on the road as Jack has installed some unique security measures. Disregard the buildings and hangars you'll see at the end of the road. Get out of your vehicle and starting walking in the direction Jack provides for several minutes (he'll also tell you how long). Soon you'll see a small shack that looks like it's in danger of falling apart. Walk up to the door and enter and stand in the middle of the floor. As soon as you step onto the floor railings will pop up and the floor will begin to descend. After going down several hundred feet you'll stop. Get off the elevator and walk through the door directly in front of you where you'll be greeted by a person driving what looks like a golf cart. Don't try to converse with this person as they've been instructed not to. After driving what seems hours you'll end at yet another door this one staffed by an armed guard who will check your identification before allowing you to enter. Once you enter you see a cavernous area that will begin to light up as you walk along the corridors - don't forget to pick up the laptop at the door as that gives you the location of the inventory. You'll only have a short here so make it count. Once you leave the area you'll feel a slight stinging sensation and wake up back in your vehicle totally unsure of how you got there or why you are even there in the first place. You will also see a package on the passenger seat containing some unique photographic gear you had been lusting over and have no idea where it came from.

You've just visited "Jacks Warehouse" and your wallet is slightly lighter.

ustein

Contributing Editor

>You've just visited "Jacks Warehouse" and your wallet is slightly lighter.

Don't forget that the box can be signed.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Jack,
You could really just convert this into a cut-away model for demonstrations.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I think donating it to a cubeless poor soul here would be the way to go. LOL

ME