The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS:Rollei Sonnar 40mm F2.8 HFT Chrome Brand New Leica LTM

heaven11

I am selling Rollei Sonnar 40mm F2.8 HFT Chrome X 2
They are Brand New ! old stocks
All had never been used
it is for leica M39 or your can use on M camera type with adapter

asking for USD$520, plus shipping,i ship worldwide.
paypal only.
welcome to PM me if any people are interest
thanks for watching

T

Tonyk

Are these made in Germany? Are these lenses a bit better than the Leica 40mm 2.0 CL version? Would like to see a view from the top of the lens to see the lens markings?
When were these manufactured?
Thank you.

back alley

they are not made in japan. rollei bought the hardware from cosina and they were assembled in germany. not sure who made the glass but not cosina apparently. they use brass, like the cv 28/3.5 and the cv 50/2.5, very heavy considering the size and very well built.
the lens itself is not better than the other 40s out there but it is different...it's a sonnar design so very sharp at center and smooth towards the edges.
there is a flickr group for this lens if you want to see some sample images.

monza

Cosina manufactured the parts, and the parts were assembled in Germany. :) Did Rollei manufacture glass? Not that I am aware. I bet it was Cosina glass as well. I'm too lazy to research at the moment...

heaven11

the glass is made by zeiss, i think it is made by germany, since it is hft coating.it is high quality made. this is sonnar lens,

noimmunity

I don't want to rain on the parade here, but NOS may have a very slight hazing of the lens, due to something about the vinyl faux leather case in which the lens was packaged. My Rollei Sonnar, which was purchased last year at a low ball price as NOS from Japan, has a very slight trace of haze, only noticeable under very strong, oblique light. It probably doesn't affect pictures, but it is there, and has been documented by others, as well. Whatever you do, do not store the lens in that case.

mathomas

I don't want to rain on the parade here, but NOS may have a very slight hazing of the lens, due to something about the vinyl faux leather case in which the lens was packaged. My Rollei Sonnar, which was purchased last year at a low ball price as NOS from Japan, has a very slight trace of haze, only noticeable under very strong, oblique light. It probably doesn't affect pictures, but it is there, and has been documented by others, as well. Whatever you do, do not store the lens in that case.
Thanks for this. I seem to remember an ad for a Rollei Sonnar, maybe on RFF that said it had some haze. Will have to watch for that!

heaven11

two lens were sold already,thanks.
yes,the stocks even new in boxed,since it stores for long time,it shown sooome haze on strong lighting, most of them are same.even all hong kong stocks are same too.