The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD-- VERY SAD DAY

T

tokengirl

Re: FS - VERY SAD DAY

I have the 5DMkII, it's a great camera. It's going to take some getting used to after shooting with a rangefinder, but it will absolutely deliver. While it's a bummer to give up a camera you love, photography is a journey and you need the tools that will get you where you're going. Welcome to a new path.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Reynolds very limited internet where I am but wanted to let you know we feel for you here at GetDPI. As a long time Pro my eyes are everything so I know how you are feeling. I went Sony lately for my 35mm system and do like it but the Canon 5DII is a great cam and you will enjoy it.

jamriman

Reynolds very limited internet where I am but wanted to let you know we feel for you here at GetDPI. As a long time Pro my eyes are everything so I know how you are feeling. I went Sony lately for my 35mm system and do like it but the Canon 5DII is a great cam and you will enjoy it.
Curious, which Sony?

Guy Mancuso

850 and a A33 backup. But my daughter loves the A33 and I have a feeling it may disappear out of my bag. LOL

Guy Mancuso

I may do a review on the Sony when I get more time with it but don't want to dilute Reynolds sale on this thread.

Good luck Reynolds

Reynolds

Workshop Member

UPDATE: Everthing sold except -

21mm f1.4 Lux and finder (1 - mulling it over)
90mm f2 (2 - mulling it over)
Cable Release

Nearing the end of this saga!!

Dale Allyn

What a week is right, Reynolds. Congrats on finding new homes for such a handsome kit. Your new kit will be a continuation of the journey.

D&A

Congradulations Reynolds! Yes, it's a sad day when one has to let go of a system they love due to eyesight. On the other hand it's the start of a great new adventure, which in time hopefully will bring back all the joy you love so much in photography. We look forward to hearing about you new experiences.

Dave (D&A)

Double Negative

Not Available

Congradulations Reynolds! Yes, it's a sad day when one has to let go of a system they love due to eyesight. On the other hand it's the start of a great new adventure, which in time hopefully will bring back all the joy you love so much in photography. We look forward to hearing about you new experiences.
Agreed! Keep on rockin' as they say. :thumbup:

Reynolds

Workshop Member
Thanks for all the support and thanks to all the DPI purchases. I hope each item serves you well. I loved it all!

Now, I have to go read about selecting the "AF point" and "Drive Mode" in the 5D II manual.

Reynolds

Workshop Member
Oh, has anyone tried to glue two Canon lens caps together like Jack's trademark "doubles"? A little tricky!!

Lloyd

Sad to see this, Reynolds. But I have no doubt you'll be crafting wonderful images with the Canon. Might even be tempted to peek at the Canon thread to check them out.