The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS LEICA ELMARIT R 19MM V2 - WILL CONVERT TO SONY

apsheng

I have a mint copy of this lens that has not been used much at all. I converted it to Sony using the Leitax mount and the Lau chip and it worked very well on my A900. I converted it back to the original mount expecting to use it on my R8 for a shoot but that never came to pass. Includes everything except the box which I have unfortunately misplaced. $1700 including PP and shipping conus. I will convert it to Sony mount for additional $100.

Alan

apsheng

Bump. Just noticed some scuff mark on the bottom of the hood.
A ROM version of this lens just sold for $2075 on eBay.

Alan

apsheng

Several members asked if the back shroud of the lens needs to be shaved in order to clear the mirror. The answer is no on my A900. The Sony uses a up-and-flip movement of the mirror which takes substantially less space than the flip only movement of other SLRs.

Per request below is a photo taken with the R-19/A900.

Alan

apsheng

I have decided not to sell this lens. It is just too good to let go after reviewing the photos it took and the literatures on this lens in order to answer all the inquiries. Thanks to all that are interested. You helped me realize what a great lens I have:D.

Alan