The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: black paint M8.2

faneuil

worn but LOVELY worn black paint M8.2
6800 or so actuations. I bought it from a Canadian photog 4 weeks ago, but then just jumped to an M9. She says it was just checked out by Leica. Focus seems spot on with all my lenses including my Noctilux at F/1
Yes, the body wear looks greater than 6800 actuations, but she claimed to have carried it everywhere, but shot very little. The camera has performed perfectly while I've had it these 4 weeks.

Latest firmware. Orig caps, paperwork, charger battery etc..
(Does not include Thumbs up grip as shown in the original sales picture)

Asking $2790 including US shipping.

faneuil

Re: FS: black paint M8.2

If you are interested, I can include a brand new completely unused RRS plate for $150.

faneuil

wow - I thought this would have been snapped up quickly. Am I off base with pricing? (and the wolves circled..)

Ok. $2700.

axiom

I thought it would get snapped up quickly too.
This price hits a new low on an M8.2
Be patient, it will go quick.

SYGTAFOTO

I have an M8.2 and I will never let it go for that low.. It's a new low from what I've seen so far.

faneuil

Check your prices.
Good condition M8.2s are hovering at $3200 or so.

I bought this 'user' camera body M8.2 for $2900.

Guess the wear scares most people off! I prefer wear -- no worry about that first scratch.
When it arrived, it was ike putting on an old pair of trusty jeans fresh out of the dryer.

Eric

It's a decent price, I think the wear is keeping people away - I think some only want a pristine Leica and don't realize that if you really use a camera it will get beat up a little...

T

Tonysaurus

Wow, what a price for an M8.2! Personally, I find the brassing really appealing on my one. Black paint ages so much nicer than chrome.

faneuil

Then your's needs a twin!

I'm not really THAT desperate to sell so don't wait for anymore price drops.
Just need to assuage my recent M9 purchase guilt.

When the M9 arrives, given my small hometown photo community, I'll have to gaff tape out the M9 and red dot right away.. otherwise word spreads like fire that "he already sold his M8 for an M9". And then I start to get dirty looks..

wjlapier

Not a a single nibble. Consider this item pulled. Off to another venue!
That sucks. The camera looks great. I'm a sucker for black painted cameras after they've acquired a nice patina. I'm saving up for a M9, so I'm not interested. Just wanted to comment on the look of the camera. Good luck with your sale.

MCTuomey

there's a change in price from getdpi to rff ... pls confirm that's not an oversight, thanks in advance.

faneuil

not that much of a bump up. Now the RSS plate is bundled in ($150).
Plus I got a lot of comments privately that the low price under $3k was in fact >too low< and was potentially scaring people off.

but I'll honor the price I listed here to getdpi'ers .. hey, and its Hannukah too :)

Eric